Those jammy fuckers down the M62

You have to admire the sticktoitiveness

3 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-in/sports/football/man-utd-news-how-much-will-it-cost-for-red-devils-to-sack-erik-ten-hag/ar-AA1rt7i3

Such a shame. Hopefully they think sunk costs matter.

1 Like

It’s just a smokescreen. He is going to get sacked if he loses one of the two upcoming matches.

The club is getting the feelers out just like what we did when Brendan was getting the sack.

1 Like

It’s not far off though.

1 Like

Finally got the second like in redcafe.

This gives me the chance to post three posts a day without the approval by the mods.

I know it’s like prostitution but up yours mubsy.

12 Likes

You sicken me but I look forward to your updates from a distance.

1 Like

I still haven’t had a single like.

It is clear to me that everyone who uses the Caf has an acquired brain injury…I am both erudite and hilarious in one ruggedly handsome package.

6 Likes

People saying it’s not all ETH, that is true but there is no style or structure to what they do. We are three years into a project, he now has multiple former players of his and they are still serving up the garbage they did in his first season.

In fact they look worse. The more time passes the better Moyes looks.

6 Likes

Surely @Sithbare can give you the necessary likes now?

2 Likes

I was thinking that yesterday. If he had been in place for three years, he would have been sort of what I was suggesting Southgate could be for them. Not win much of anything, but fix longstanding problems and start building a foundation.

3 Likes

I didn’t even think of that!!

Turns out you’re not just a pretty-ish face.

7 Likes

It’s doubtful tbh, and not only because Moyes was as hilariously out of his depth there as Hodgson was here.

The bigger issue, though, I think, is that there simply isn’t the desire or appetite for change among the owners (though we’ll see if INEOS is any better in that regard). It was never about winning things or affecting sustainable change for the Glazers, only about doing the bare minimum necessary to ensure they could extract the maximum out to line their own pockets. The way they’ve allowed the stadium to basically collapse down around their ears is a symbol for their overall approach to ownership.

The failure of every manager post-Fergie is more of a symptom of their decline than a cause of it.

3 Likes

The players klopp inherited were no more naturally suited to play his style than the ones EtH were to play his though. The difference was conviction in beliefs and an idea of how to go from where we are to where we need to be. Undoubtedly the latter is helped by having a good team around you to buy the right players, something ETH clearly didn’t have, but he also didn’t do his part of the deal and start laying down an identity in the pitch. Doing that from the get go makes finding the right replacements that much easier because so much of the guess work out of it. You don’t have to imagine if unfancied player A can make the adaptation you see on a week to week basis. And sometimes some of them surprise you.

For two years the results klopp was getting were not good enough to an objective standard but he had earned himself time and faith because the progression was clear to see in other ways. ETH has never bought himself that time so is forced to live and die based on results.

4 Likes

Agreed - Moyes was not going to deliver what ownership/senior management wanted, and what he was capable of doing was not what they wanted, though in fact it could have been what they needed. They still have yet to have that transitional figure, a decade on.

2 Likes

I still remember with a wry smile all the media comparisons between the points BR got in his first x period of time versus Klopp’s and how it showed Klopp was no better than Brendan.

Those takes didn’t really age well lol

5 Likes

It’s all in the timing. Moyes came after Ferguson, so they were used to success. In comparison to what came before, Moyes was well short, so they sacked him, even if it was a bit quick. It started a bad cycle of short term managers who all fell short, with plenty of big names in there too.

If that Moyes came in now, he would steady the ship and bring it together. Not glamorous, and they wouldn’t threaten the title, but it would be better than what we’ve seen from them in a good while.

I’ve been on WhatsApp with my Man Utd friend this morning, and I suggested Southgate or Tuchel as the two choices they might go for, but he was strongly against both. He mentioned Nagelsmann as someone he would like to see there, but I don’t know why he would leave the German job for that.

1 Like

Nope. Still have to earn their trust.

This is proper espionage shit.

3 Likes

Just do it in some trivial, off-topic thread no-one looks at

3 Likes

6 Likes

The like privileges are only given by the admins.

Uptight self important delusional twats.

1 Like