Those jammy fuckers down the M62

Fell sorry for any player in this situation. Covid related, though the anti vaxxers will link it to the jab.

4 Likes

Kind of the opposite here though. Though look at the ghouls on Baldock mentions.

Because no oneā€™s ever had an accident in a Swimming pool.

1 Like

Hope Mazraoui recovers fast from his heart condition so that he can get his heart broken twice a week on the pitch. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Going watch the womenā€™s team and see if they are better than the menā€™s.

Perhaps Ten Haag is there to see if there is any players he can bring in?

Radcliffe is probably there to see what he can cut.

Edit: They look as bad as the men.

3 Likes

Ah this is where their spawning has gone.

Edit: Spurs women are also like the men.

Sure but Tuchel wouldnā€™t last longer than 3 years and would succeed only in bringing in yet more square pegs for his successor. So long as they flit from one idea to another without a coherent strategy they will continue to flounder - Tuchel would just perpetuate this; itā€™s a young capable manager being backed that we want to avoid.

1 Like

Even if they fluke themselves into getting a young manager , knowing themselves, theyā€™ll get another guy like ETH.

And because ETH is given the best part of 4 years , the new you wonā€™t nearly get the same time.

Pretty much every bit of commentary/punditry I hear about them contains a variant of the following premiseā€¦

ā€˜Itā€™s/weā€™re/theyā€™re Manchester United.ā€™

It still hasnā€™t sunk in. Theyā€™re still grappling in a lot of ways with the denial phase.

Makes me horny just thinking about itā€¦I reckon theyā€™re a chance of spending some part of this season in the relegation zone.

1 Like

Hope youā€™ve got a Pot Noodle at the ready.

2 Likes

If they spend even an afternoon in 18-19th, Iā€™m shouting the whole forum some pot noodles.

4 Likes
7 Likes

I love that Chompers was MotM for Portugal last night.

Championship level player here.

Worldbeater when no-one gives a fuck.

1 Like

Fans want a sugar hit of immediate results with a big name. They tried the young supposed capable manager in ETH and they are now screaming. On the other hand they crave another Mourinho for instant results during a quick stint. Thatā€™s Tuchel.

Agree though that a young long term manager is ideal but there is more risk. We may have got it right with Slot. Hope they donā€™t.

Young? Heā€™s only 2 years younger than ancient JĆ¼rgen. Tuchel is 3 years younger than him.

1 Like

Young? Heā€™s only 2 years younger than ancient JĆ¼rgen. Tuchel is 3 years younger than him.
[/quote]

OK youngish - change it to inexperienced/rookie in the real big leagues then. But you know what I meanā€¦.

Want experienceā€¦theres a long list of suitable candidates.

7 Likes

Like Iā€™d love to know what they are trying to find out.

Canā€™t be tactical information as thatā€™s clearly missing from them.

I had entirely forgotten Fat Sam managed Palace.

:rofl:

1 Like

Actually I didnā€™t, but yeah if you mean inexperiencedā€¦

Iā€™m not quite sure how they dig themselves out of this, because it seems like theyā€™re still trying to cling on to a ā€œgreat manā€ philosophy, instead of building an organisation. But Iā€™m not very clued-up on what goes on with them.

I think our situation works though because the system around the manager is structured well.

This.
We were fortunate with Klopp but also put in place a system that worked with him and delivered what he needed.

Something is clearly amiss at United (understatement) because you can argue that EtH has been given what he thinks he needs, but still isnt delivering.

I think you can point in all directions and find issues.