Those jammy fuckers down the M62

She stays pressed against the wall.

2 Likes

If they lose tomorrow the Green and yellow scarfs will be out.

Good bass.

Jim White outing himself…

1 Like

This isn’t much different from Klopp’s half season to be honest. And ETH had a season.

And yet you couldn’t escape the, “oh his record isn’t any better than Rodgers” for about 2 years.

2 Likes

The dilemma in interpreting the EtH record

• The club spent a lot of money buying the players he wanted and there hasn’t been much of an impact.
  • That means most of this improvement comes from getting better performances out of the players he already had

Is that worthy of praise or mockery? I really dont know, but it does mean that Im not that concerned about the further improvements they’ll make this summer.

6 Likes

Havent Casemiro and Martinez both had a positive impact?

I assume despite Anthony not having any, he doesnt dominate team play as much as Ronaldo did so allows other players such as Rashford to shine.

Biggest positive for them though has probably been removing Maguire and Ronaldo from the side.

4 Likes

I agree that Casemeiro and Martinez especially have been an improvement. And removing Ronaldo and Maguire needed to happen, but to do it, they had to wait for a hard headed Dutchman who will not be afraid to make a decision. Other managers tiptoed around it, but ETH got both of those decisions spot on. (I love the Dutch, and I might be a little off in what I’m saying, but as a people they are generally very sure of themselves and will say it like it is. Some see that as arrogant. I think it’s why a fairly small nation could dominate global affairs for a hundred years, before other empires rose to the fore!)

As for how good he is as a manager, it remains to be seen.

I don’t think he is elite, like our man, and one or two others, but in all likelihood he will prove to be solid enough for them. It won’t win leagues or European Cups, but they will be in the top four conversation, which, for a short while at least, will be sufficient improvement for the natives.

When they expect more, and want big titles, ETH will be vulnerable. But not yet.

Martinez has to the degree it has allowed Maguire to not play, but I dont think he is individually something you’d rate as an example of EtH being good at identifying players to take them to the next level.

Casairmo has been good, but I dont think revluotionary. Erikson I think has been the best signing

2 Likes

Let’s face it, anyone could identify a player that would be an improvement over Maguire.
Casemiro is excellent. His level has dropped a bit recently. He won’t get better at his age. They’ll need to find a replacement next year or so.
Rashford went on a scoring streak which wasn’t sustainable. But ETH binned Ronaldo.
All in all a solid 7/10 for ETH.
At the same time, nothing to be scared of. Antony ÂŁ80 million? Hehehehe

I’m pretty sure that the former was facilitated by the latter.

1 Like

Casemiro has been a good signing, but Utd are getting the tail end of his career and won’t see much of that 65m back.

Anthony has been OK for a £30m signing. Not so much for an £80m one. Darwin has been much better, and he’s been mocked all season.

As for Martinez. Five foot seven inch CB? No. Just no.

1 Like

I wonder what does “Nunez much better than OK” mean… on par with Haaland or even a bit better than him?

:joy:

I suppose better than Anthony.

Saying that I’d say Jota has made more than an impact than Anthony even though he has been injured for most of the season.

1 Like

Martinez has been pretty good to be fair, probably their best centre back.

1 Like

Yeah, MartĂ­nez has been very good, after a couple difficult games early on when Neville kept droning on about his height and people are still parroting the criticism even though it turned out to be a non-issue.

FIFY

2 Likes

Non issue for now. But after a season of teams getting experience of playing him, I think he is going to find it tough next season.

Now this is cruel

No it isn’t :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like