Top 10 greatest UCL/EC1 winning sides of all time:

Hi dudes. All over the years we have seen many great sides winning the biggest prize in Europe- the cup with the big ears. But who are the top 10 who did it? Here is a suggested list, without specific order:

Barcelona 2009&2011
Bayern Munich 2013
Liverpool- late 70’s-mid 80’s
Ajax 1995
Barcelona 2015
Milan- late 80’s-mid 90’s
Real Madrid 1956-1960
Liverpool 2019
Bayern Munich 2020
Ajax 1971-1973

So…what is gonn’a be your list of top 10? Try to list not less than 10.
Thanks for participating. Discuss :wink::+1:

1 Like

Would have won fuck all if we hadn’t been banned after Heysel. Our late-80s team was the best I’ve ever seen and would’ve hammered that lot from the San Siro.

4 Likes

L’OM 1993! (lots of body).

Ancelotti’s Milan sides of 2002/03 and 2006/07 for me. I can somehow believe that our lads fought from 3:0 down in Istanbul to win CL in the best final of all times but I still can’t believe that they did it against that side.

4 Likes

What about the Shitty team of…ah…um…what year did they win it again??

2 Likes

Fun topic this. Been a lot of memorable finals from when I started watching, which was late 80s. My first memory is the shootout between PSV and Porto, and from then came a Milan dominance, starting with the team with the Dutch trio. From 88/89 to 94/95 they only missed out on two final appearences; five finals, three wins.

Top 10 though, that’s difficult. Definitely Barca 2009 and 20011, they’re possibly my top pick. Not sure. They’re the most significant team for me, in terms of my appreciation for the game.

Ajax 1995 was great, I watched a few of their games leading up to the final. Also got to the final the following year; lost to a really good Juventus team, who followed up with two more finals but lost both.

That Ajax team is also a case of what could have been, if they managed to stay together for a few more years.

Real Madrid are definitely up there as well, but for me it’s the team from 2013/14 to 2017/18. Four finals in five years, won all of them. Incredible achievement.

Clubelo’s top ten. We currently have a ranking of 2050 but are presumably not considered different enough from the 2020 iteration.

1 Like

Us
Some other teams

Good topic.

I wasn’t old enough to witness our 70s and early 80s teams live so I’m going to instead focus on teams I did. To avoid bias I’m not factoring our 2005 or 2019 wins either.

Without doubt for me it’s the Ajax side of 95. In my opinion they were the most complete side to have won it. From goalie to striker they were immense and all so comfortable on the ball. The fact so many came through their academy / youth side makes it even more impressive. And they were a joy to watch, playing attacking, controlled football.

The Milan side of the late 80s early 90s would be second, they were a winning machine full of style and class.

1 Like

That Barca team of 2012 were just beyond anything I’ve seen in terms of being unable to play against.

I remember that final, they gave Rooney an early chance but other than that Man Utd couldn’t get the ball.

2 Likes