Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD: 2021/22

Just to be clear it wasn’t Sinclair that made the Xavi reference but one of the BBC live text guys. Here it is,

43 mins

Post update

Liverpool 1-0 Burnley

Trent Alexander-Arnold is a right-back with the passing ability of Xavi, Burnley just cannot get to grips with the range of the Englishman.

Short, long, drilled, floated, he’s got it all.

2 Likes

Ah, that guy absolutely meant Xabi.

1 Like
3 Likes

Apparently he’s starting in midfield for England tonight
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/trent-alexander-arnold-due-for-midfield-experiment-with-england/

I see from England’s average positions that he was still playing a lot towards the right side.

Was he England’s RCM in a midfield 3? How did he play? Difficult to judge as it was Andorra, but still…

Why do they have to mess around with his position .He is a great RWB let hIm play there. I fully appreciate Trent, just wish he would get a damned haircut. Looks like a scarecrow at the moment.

I love Jurgen…

hahaha.

2 Likes

He’s brilliant.

Said something like “if you watch our games, you’d already notice that we changed his position”. Refering to him playing inside a lot in a few games, a bit like how Pep does with his full backs.

Already said something similar at the start of last season, when he played a bit deeper and tucked inside more than Robbo.

I want to know what Mel has to say about Sadio…

Gary Lineker preparing a passive aggressive tweet for the next time we go one down as we speak.

1 Like

Imagine being Trent and reading that first quote from Klopp.

1 Like

He’d wonder why his manager is talking about Wan-Bissaka.

1 Like

The best fullback in the world…

2 Likes

Great full back but we have Thiago/van Dijk for freekicks -that can go directly at goal- from te left side and Sarah from the right side.

It has become a waste of scoring opportunity’s letting TAA take them.

He played like someone who’s still feeling the consequences of a bad meal. That said, he really shouldn’t be left alone to contest a header at the far post of his goal against three Brentford giants… Credit to Frank for making the most out of Liverpool’s fullbacks high positions, I can’t remember the last time an opposition manager executed it so well. His players were making so many diagonal runs in behind them throughout the match, I don’t think that Klopp’s midfield trio did their best to cover them.

He needs to start earning his free kick duties, not all, but specifically the shot at goal ones.

1 Like

Maybe discussed in a different thread but Klopp said post match Porto that Trent suffered an injury in training on Monday. He’s listed as out for City match per Training Table.

https://youtu.be/L6gDB-EP7gM

2 Likes

Right Back Union :joy:

3 Likes