Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD: 2022/23

Ouch burn!

Donā€™t think it was a burn on Alexander-Arnold so much as on the media. Heā€™d probably say the same about Virgil.

Thing is as long as Klopp is working with the player on this and he acknowledges it itā€™s no issue.

2 Likes

Gary Lineker agrees. So does Ferdinand, btw, who counterintuitively has always been one of Trentā€™s fans. The vast majority are still thick.

3 Likes

Klopp giving free lectures to the rest PL managers on man-management again.

JKā€¦just make him smile againā€¦:blush::blush:

Get him back to basics. Whip in some crosses from the touchline. When the whole team is out of form, no point going all in with the new fangled come inside midfield, abandon the right wing, take full responsiblity of all the play position he finds himself in at the moment.

BY getting up the right wing, it will allow our midfield to be more compact. At the moment, weā€™ve got TAA cming infield, Salah moving (finally) into the box, and a huge gap on the right. Mix in Elliot coming on for Henderson, then weā€™ll keep getting caught (Elliot did really well against Brighton by carrying the ball, but his defensive output is not there).

He needs dropping, an utter liability currently. He was always an average defender, now he is the massive gaping weakness anytime the ball is near him.

Every goal we conceded came from his side.

Trossard ended him today, and even the little Japanese lad rinsed him every chance he got.

Tracking back? What tracking back? Heā€™s not working for the team.

Drop him.

His tracking back is scandalous.

Donā€™t even need to look back at the goals weā€™ve conceded but pretty sure at least 80% of them have come down his side.

The only good thing he did today was the free kick attempt at the end.

Which is infuriating. We all know he can hit a ball well, but he has to be more consistent in thatā€¦

All over the place today. Literally!!!

If the whole nation is saying you can not defend then maybe itā€™s not a good idea to be 30% defender, 40% right midfielder, 15% #8 and 15% #10.

I think it must be rather infuriating for him considering that at this point, itā€™s probably a tactical instruction from the manager, yet heā€™s catching flak for all of this.

Every single post in this thread since the match, before yours, has been comically bad, coming mostly from the usual clowns.

Considering what JĆ¼rgen said in his pre-match press conference, perhaps itā€™s time some people realised that it might just simply be what heā€™s been told to do. I can buy the questioning of why he seems to be walking around aimlessly sometimes after someone runs past him, but the idea that all his movement and positioning are so badly wrong, and stem from his errors is looking a little unlikely considering that itā€™s been the story of the whole season.

1 Like

TBF he has been in the right positions and then got easily roasted by his opposite number, he has been ok 1 v 1 in the past when he has put his mind to it. However, at the moment he isnā€™t grafting hard enough to not be beaten by his man, it is a having the right mental attitude to defending and at times he seems to be lacking that and needs to have a more mongrel side to defending.

I think a lot of fans also have seen his many occasions at not tracking back once the ball is beyond him and just ball watching whilst he jogs backs slowly, I know that lack of attitude gets fans on the wrong side of fans.

1 Like

Lack of attitude?

Again, I might be wrong but I think anyone looking at his performances needs the context of JĆ¼rgenā€™s comments that heā€™s playing a particular role. Some things could be improved, for sure, but the idea that heā€™s just lazy and unmotivated needs to die already.

My issue with Trent is when he is in the ā€˜correct positionā€™ is that he is being beaten by the player or a pass inside too easily it is his awareness that is lacking atm. As I said his mindset to defending, a defender should have a mindset of not being beaten.

I wouldnā€™t ever say Trent is lazy in effort but atm he is lazy in his mind which could be down to a host of things.

The way Southgate treated himā€¦making it known which end of the pecking order he wasā€¦having him sit in the stands, watch a game that heā€™ll never play inā€¦all cameras on himā€¦his confidence must be lowā€¦somethings not right with him, and everyone pointing the finger at him doesnā€™t helpā€¦Trent, open up to someone, let em know whats wrongā€¦would be nice to see him smile againā€¦

The second goal for them came off Trent losing a second ball in the Fight Back position, but other than that he was in position most of time. Brighton had do or three players passing triangles around him. He was constantly dealing with an overload and getting no help at all. Of course they got past him. What the fuck is he meant to do on his own?

2 Likes