UEFA Champions League 2020-21

In English there are two words black and negro. In Spanish just one, which is negro.

2 Likes

Whether there was negititve intent or not is immeterial as it still singles him out for his race. All needed to be done was point at him and say it was that guy - no need to single him out by race/skin colour.

6 Likes

Tbf, that doping test saga was pretty memorable as well.

3 Likes

The report we got was that the lino did exactly that and only after that when the ref asked him to clarify which coach he was talking about that shit went downhill.

3 Likes

It identifies him, nothing more. It’s not being used to discriminate.

The sooner we can get passed this absurd difficulty with using colour adjectives purely as adjectives the more progressed society will be.

11 Likes

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand said on BT Sport: "I think we’re at a disturbing tipping point."We had Millwall, then the PSG game today, all in the same week.

"Not a week goes by without an incident involving race and we are at a point where something needs to be done.

"The powers that be need to make a huge stand.

“That is a step in the right direction (walking off), that is unity, but it cannot just be left to the players to do something about this.”

Rio after the choc ice tweet knows all about racism.

Reminds me of John Barnes story, I think? When players referred to his skin colour in an aggressive manner, and when he returned the insult they just laughed it off, and it made him think about it a bit deeper about why it upset him while they laughed it off. No excuse for racism, just some insight from his side. Have I got that story right or it someone else?

1 Like

Bring on human genetic engineering.

Slabhead with a dash of Kane.

The perfect Ingerlund footballer.

1 Like

With regards to the football,
Made up manure pulled two goals back and nearly got the equaliser. Now the narrative will be Man Utd unlucky to lose. Ole needs more time.

2 Likes

Schmeichel was on about that very thing after the match. He kept telling Carra it’s exactly like Liverpool, and how they gave Klopp “all the time and resources he needed to build” and he feels Ole can do the same thing at United if management and supporters show him all the grace Liverpool did with Jürgen.

5 Likes

I agree with Peter.
Give Ole time,look at what he did to Cardiff.

We can wait until he gets the results we want.
Biggest Club in the Championship soon.

4 Likes

Any idea when PSG needs to play the final match for final placement in the group? It’s got to be done before the draw (14-Dec).

According to the BBC:

The match will recommence on Wednesday from the 14th minute, with a new set of officials. Kick-off will be at 17:55 GMT.

1 Like

Their match time will start at about the same time as ours then.

And both matches will be equally irrelevant: we’ve already won our group, and Manchester United have failed to qualify from theirs. :joy:

1 Like

I thought that PSG needs to win in order to win the group? PSG vs RBL head-to-head (2:1 to RBL, then 1:0 to PSG), but PSG is superior in goal differences.

I think you’re missing the point, mate. :smirk:

3 Likes

:joy: I think I have indeed.

2 Likes

What tonight’s walk off at PSG has exposed, is that if a match official gets injured to the degree they can’t complete the game, UEFA have not had the foresight to keep a reserve in attendance…!
When the players refused to carry on with the same 4th official that was accused of a racial remark, this highlighted a massive flaw in the contingency planning of the game by UEFA.
The only guy they had available to act in his place, was the VAR referee.! They couldn’t use him because it would have prevented the VAR monitoring being utilised throughout the remainder of the game.

1 Like

Too many cookies