UEFA Champions League 2020-21

It will when they bring in the Conference North/South as a 4th competition

1 Like

:joy: :joy:

How come Pulisic’s goal last night stood with that deflection from Varane’s arm? I don’t like the rule, but what was the difference last night?

:joy:

1 Like

What do you mean? Why would a Chelsea goal be pulled back for it hitting a Real arm?

Isn’t the rule that any handball of any player on the pitch in the action that leads to the goal rules the goal out?

Maybe I’m completely wrong, sorry if I am.

No. It’s only automatic if it comes off the arm/hand of the goal scorer or team mate who gave him the ball. And that is because those unintentional contacts are deemed a handball when done in the process of scoring or creating a goal. The rule is applied differently for a defender, but even if there was a handball (as distinct from the ball striking the arm/hand) you’d still play the advantage if a goal was scored.

1 Like

Navas, Florenzi, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Bakker, Paredes, Gueye, Verratti, Di Maria, Mbappe, Neymar

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundogan, Mahrez, Silva, Foden, De Bruyne

:rofl:

Not seen a City game for a while now, but what formation is this? Foden as the furthest forward? Pep overthinking or is this how they line up these days?

Recently they’ve been playing an almost 0 forward 4-man front line. It’s quite confusing, but made even more so here by only 10 players being named :rofl:

2 Likes

Last week I read a report on the BBC about how Veratti was the key to PSG keeping Bayern at bay. He didnt get on the pitch. This morning the beeb was running a piece on how Sterling was the man to beat PSG. He starts on the bench.

This is the sort of top quality analysis I have come to expect from the been and Micah Richards

4 Likes

Think it might be a double pivot of Rodri and Gundogan, Mahrez off the right, Foden off the left (lefty in front of a right footed Cancelo at LB) and Silva and De Bruyne rotating between that #10 and false 9 role. Could be closer to a 4-3-3 of course. But they’ve been playing the double pivot stuff a lot. Also not the first time De Bruyne is playing in a more advanced role in top games. He also did it for Belgium at WC18, when Martinez surprised Brazil by swapping his position and Lukaku’s (who then went more inside right, sort of Salah’s role).

1 Like

The missing player is Gündogan, fwiw.

1 Like

Wow …is that the strongest bench there has ever been…:flushed:

No, it’s the one Allardyce sits on.

6 Likes

Probably the most sliding tackles I have seen in opening 10 minutes

Lovely goal. Just a Neymar goal and an Mbappe hatrick and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

Beautiful 1-0. City defence when tested always falter. Marquinhos is so good in air.

De Bruyne as a false 9… Why does Pep over think the CL?

1 Like