UEFA Champions League 2020-21

Fck off Uefa Champions League 2020-21

1 Like

The semi-finalists were two petro-states, a Russian oligarch, and the biggest sporting club on earth.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say no to Verratti or Marquinhos, to be fair.

1 Like

I think Veratti is one of the most over rated players on the planet. He’s a fraction of a Thiago and available even less regularly.

1 Like

There is now a 100% chance that Mendy will win the Champions League

5 Likes

I absolutely loathe what Chelsea are but if they go on to get top 4 I couldn’t be arsed if they won this ahead of Man City, imagine everything going right and then still fucking up, knew when Bayern dropped out that City would breeze through.

I’d even take Franco’s lot over them (that’s never been confirmed mind).

3 Likes

#anyonebutthecheaters

2 Likes

Whoever said cheats never prosper need to have a quiet word with themselves. All this leaves a bad taste in the mouth, and I’m finding that my love of football definitely has a limited shelf life these days.

3 Likes

Semi final number 1 and cheaty cunt lost,hurray,but that means the other cheaty cunt won,booo,Semi final number 2 and cheaty cunt lost,hurray,but that means the other cheaty cunt won,for fuck sake fuck off.

8 Likes

Chelsea were supercharged, but it is also important to appreciate that under Kenyon they did make a significant shift in being an oligarch plaything to a legit business paying for itself. If you can overlook the supercharing that got them to the top table, I don’t know if over the past 10-15 years they have really been any different than us.

Looks like Real are going with Nacho at RB. Ramos, Mendy and Hazard all start, too. Looks like a 4-3-3 with Vinicius ahead of Nacho on the right side. Mendy to be more offensive on the opposite side to overlap Hazard. Perez must be praying that Hazard does something tonight after a few weak return performances. They’re probably hoping for a 10-15min spell or some rabit from the hat move from him.

Chelsea with 1 change compared to the first game; Havertz is in for Pulisic.

If they win this and keep Ramos, Hazard fit I reckon they will do City. Whilst I despise Real… At least they have history, much rather they won than the charlatans in light blue.

3 Likes

Agreed, the lesser of two evils…

1 Like

Benzema can break Raul’s CL goal record if he scores against the chavs,not bad for a fat bloke.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a comment about Ferenc Puskas, before Hungary demolished England 6-3 at Wembley…

“Look at that little fat chap,” one unidentified England player is quoted as saying prior to their match against Hungary at Wembley in 1953. “We’ll murder this lot.”

Of course, England claimed it was a fluke result and demanded a rematch in Budapest. Hungary won again, this time 7-1.

6 Likes

Chelsea with blue socks in the first match.

Real with black socks tonight. They look like Sevilla.

I absolutely hate some of these modern football details.

1 Like

Someone call an air medical helicopter - Nacho is dying.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to go into battle with these Madrid players! Low pain threshold or what?

1 Like

There is a fabulous mural on the side of a building I came across in Budapest commemorating that game.

1 Like