UEFA Champions League

Actually? That’s one hell of a story if true.

My grandad told me Adolf Hitler did visit his brother in Liverpool for a while.
He said the brothers name was Mikheil and as is common with scousers in the pub, it was shortened to Heil…
Since I’ve gotten a lot older now I think my grandad made up the last bit :0)

1 Like

When it looked like the quad was actually on (February), I sent a list of the key dates to Mrs K where I would be AWOL with the 28th being probably the day / night in Liverpool. She took this in good grace understanding the importance of the events. Last night’s conversation went something like this:
Her “I got you out of videoing the show on the 28th BTW”
Me “Show?”
Her “Yes, told you months ago, Jnr’s staring in the big production”
Me “It’s on two nights though isn’t it”
Her silence
More silence
More silence
“But it’s the opening night”
Me “Yes, and Liverpool are playing Real in the CL final as I told you months ago”
Her “Yes but it’s jnr’s first leading role opening night”
Me didn’t say “I hate watching other people’s kids being shit on stage even if it means I get to see my own being brilliant”

Anybody got a couch I can sleep on please???

1 Like

You think you’ve got problems.

My visit to my aged and ailing mother was planned months ago. Now I face watching the final on my laptop quietly alone upstairs at her house while she sleeps in the TV room. I can’t go out to a pub because she is obsessively paranoid about covid. She lives in Sheffield, where I know no one except my brother, who hates football.

3 Likes

Watched an England WC game in Christies hospital once, surreal experience. You’ll have us for company mate, just make sure the fridge is very well loaded :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

In 2007/08 season i had minor heart surgery, got home in time for the first leg at Anfield v the chavs but doctors told me not to watch and i obeyed.

2 Likes

Klopp Singing After Defeated by Real Madrid in UCL Final 2018 - YouTube

That was then eh… How strong has he made us now eh. COYR

3 Likes

Haha @Bekloppt

Haha! :wink:

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdVNV0TNwwZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

We’ll see once we see the details, but that looks like a MUCH better approach than the Swiss model that was being pursued.

2 Likes

Once the format is changed, will we be back down to zero Champions Leagues. I assume it will be a new beginning for football, like the PL was for English Football, when 18 of our titles became worthless…

2 Likes

Won’t matter, City will still forever remain on 0

6 Likes

Doubt it, the CL still counts the European cups

2 Likes

I think that was sarcasm directed to PepHead.

2 Likes

Big potential here is that the PL moves to 5 places based on country coefficient - makes it easier for sandcastle etc.

1 Like

Yep, the first thing Pep will say is, “Liverpool have not been successful, in the new Champion’s League, they have won zero trophies”.

With the new CL format, an English club could potentially play 71 matches over a season (EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and CL). LFC will play a total of all 63 possible games this season!!!

2 Likes