UEFA Champions League

Any Chelsea players recommended themselves for the All-Star game tonight?

Juventus with no points. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

A lot of these groups are setting themselves up nicely.

We could see a fair few of the so called lesser sides in the last 16.

Club Brugge a pot 4 side sitting top is great, Sporting sitting top is great.

Juve and Chelsea sitting bottom is great.

Wouldv’e been nice to see Plzen top, but hey I get you can’t have it all your own way.

Only good news is Chelsea fail and Messi hunting down ego head on the CL goalscoring charts.

1 Like

friday ice GIF

What other striker apart from Zlatan a few years ago (in latter years) would have scored on that ball (despite the pass being technically outstanding)? Not many could have reached it like that. It was a stunning goal and obscenely difficult to score. Almost no one does that. In latter years, I have only seen Zlatan and Erling score those goals.

1 Like

Yeah did think it was a Zlatan-esque finish. Not sure who the assist was, I assume Cancelo? I love how Zlatan said he conquered England when he finished 6th and won a Carling Cup and Europa League.

Just saw the highlights of the City game. Pretty poor by the Dortmund keeper tbh, just waved at the shot by Stones and didn’t cover himself in glory at the Haaland goal. Okay, perhaps a little over critical at the Haaland one but that one from Stones was terrible.

3 Likes

Still early days, but it’s nice to see Juventus struggling.

1 Like

That club sacrificed so much at the altar of winning the CL, and in the end have taken themselves much further away from that goal. In the end, CRonaldo may have been a worse signing for Juve than ManU.

2 Likes

Really feels like the Ronaldo signing was the beginning of their decline.

They have the same kind of problem we do, midfield devoid of any creativity or energy and a lot of ageing players within the squad.

Tuchel for Juventus?

Just as there used to be (still is?) a merry-go-round for managers in a jobs for the boys sort of way at the bottom end; maybe there’s a similar thing at the top end?

All speculative on my part.

Who is this Edwards lad who plays for Sporting? Looks quality

Knew of him but never saw him play before this season.

Saw the interview he gave after the Spurs game, was released as a kid there and has been applying his trade ever since in Liga Nos.

Now he’s on the big European stage, no doubt they’ll be plenty of suitors for him and I wouldn’t be surprised if he moved to the Prem in the next 6-12 months.

A bit on the small side.

I mean, getting through to the last 16…impressive, no?

It’s the regular kicking and no protection from incompetent PL refs that will do him in

‘The noise in Munich was excessive, didn’t allow us to concentrate and, therefore, we couldn’t control the ball.
UEFA should regulate noise levels in the stadiums.’

:melting_face:

Pathetic.

2 Likes