UEFA Champions League

Sandcastle and the Mancs both ended at the bottom of their prospective groups. :joy:
Which means that it is highly likely that the PL doesn’t get a 5th CL spot for next year. Ironically, 5th is what both of these teams is fighting for.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/1735056315767021738

1 Like

Nothing worrying for me has come down to the Europa League.

I still think Leverkusen are our biggest concern.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Galatasaray, Lens, Braga, Benfica, Feyenoord, Milan, Young Boys & Shakhar

I’d love to see Brighton & Rangers in with Milan and Benfica.

Gonna be a few tasty Europa play offs for sure with Sporting and Roma in there too.

Nicholas Cage Laugh GIF - Nicholas Cage Laugh Funny GIFs

2 Likes

Something about the oil states getting turned over that gives you happy vibes :0)

2 Likes

Newcastle beheading out of Europe…

I’ll get me coat.

They’ve really cut off those eye watering ties they could’ve been in the hat for…

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

0122:01

Post update

FT: Newcastle 1-2 AC Milan

A first Champions League campaign in 20 years ends in a bottom-placed finish in the group for Newcastle.

They had one win and two draws in their six matches.

But it was a group involving giants Paris St-Germain, Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan. That context is important.

2 Likes

On paper yes but only PSG are the best club in their league.

Milan are already way off the pace in Serie A and Dortmund likewise in Germany.

And cap it all off they actually took 4 points from PSG.

Let’s put it another way, I’d expect us to get out of it especially if you told me we had taken 4 points off PSG.

3 Likes

A great week for football altogether.

2 Likes

And will get even better at 4am Monday when we set a new P/L record for the biggest win after tonking the scum 12-0

1 Like

Do you mean AEDT?

Nah, AEST.

Us Queenslanders don’t believe in daylight savings cause it means the cows don’t know what time they get milked :roll_eyes:

Tell him they’re also getting one of these

Pathetic bullshit! This Milan and this PSG are a shadow of their former selves. So is Dortmund.

It’s like saying playing Red Star Belgrade and Porto is difficult now because of their pedigree as former European Cup champions

3 Likes

Reminds me of that group we were in in 2022/23 everyone saying the group of death. Felt a lot easier than it would look.

And we got 18pts.

If you don’t watch European football you could take this view considering it’s there job to do at least some proper analysis mind it’s pretty poor.

5 Likes

A nice irony would be to see Newcastle finish 5th this season, and miss out on a possible extra 5th CL spot, in large part due to their own terrible performance in Europe.

Man Utd for that matter too, although even the most optimistic Man Utd fan will struggle to say they will finish as high as 5th.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look as bad anymore.

Unfortunately the remaining English teams will definitely help to top the ranking in the end.

It’s nice to dream sometimes but the reality is there is no way that extra CL spot goes to Italy over England

City & Arsenal will both go deep into the CL.
We’re probably gonna win the EL.
& Villa are certainly gonna win that other tripe.

These alone will be more than enough to make up for the Mags and Mancs shortcomings.