UEFA Champions League

We also beat them as well…

It’s almost like football doesn’t follow a pattern one day to the next.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1760989127263375445

2 Likes

Keep forgetting Tuesday and Wednesday are Champions League nights.

I hate Lazio (I’m a Roma), but wouldn’t mind cheering for them tonight.

Probably watch the Championship as usual on these nights this season.

Never expected there to be any jeopardy for the two big sides tonight to be honest, Lazio are crap and Sociedad have really gone off the boil of late.

Utter cuntsticks!!!

I hope Copenhagen get some mongrel and start kicking anything in blue

2 Likes

Grabara eh… Might be one of the flaws why LFC moved him on

Posted at 20:1320:13

‘Calamitous error’

Man City 2-0 FC Copenhagen

Stephen Warnock

Former England and Liverpool defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

It’s poor handling from the goalkeeper. It’s a calamitous error.

On his way to Wolfsburg on a free in the summer.

Two red card worthy tackles by Kroos and not a single card?

finally Kroos gets a YC

Madrid have been incredibly passive all game, wouldn’t surprise me if Leipzig forced ET here.

1 Like

Copenhagen are a fun side to watch, given City a decent game and have been unlucky not to score more than once. City cruising through it really but haven’t looked all that convincing, particularly defensively again.

Leipzig have given Real a good run for their money over both legs, should’ve scored more goals, especially in the first leg. Considering also that they’re 5th in Germany.

But also, I’ve seen countless Real games like these in the knockout stages and then they still go through/far in the competition (especially since they got rid of the Decima pressure).

2 Likes

Can’t stand them, but Real Madrid did enough, and that the name of the game in knockout football. Their level will go up as needed. Whether or not it will be enough to win it is debatable.

Man Citgy and Real Madrid ar e the best two, see Man City and with a fair wind only maybe Arsenal, if they advance, Bayern Munich and PSG, could trouble them.

Bayern :rofl:

A very fair wind for Bayern :joy:

It’s between Man City and Real Madrid in my view.

Arsenal failed to lay a glove on Porto which makes me wary of their league form against clubs that are probably worse than 5-6 Championship plus Newcastle who have ridden of a cliff, us aside who served up our worst performance I’ve seen bar Toulouse and Fulham.

Arsenal if they do progress might benefit from playing Man City as it’s possible that could upset the apple cart a bit, Bayern won’t be anywhere near and PSG will just end up shitting the bed.

Watched both the Leipzig matches (away and gone) for Madrid and Leipzig was much stronger. Leipzig at home has 14 shots with 9 on target and only a freakish refereeing decision disallowed their goal and they couldn’t finish all their chances.
Last night Leipzig couldn’t finish their chances again and had 20 shots.
20 is a high number playing as the away side but Madrid did what they had to do.
It’s a good feeling not playing the better football but still go through. They did what they have to do and not peak too soon and they’re always good in the UCL.
It’s Madrid and arsenal who stand in the way of city winning

Oh, look, another CL final that is as compelling as a trip to the dentist’s office.

1 Like

Could be worse you know. Could be Cheaty and QSG.

1 Like