UEFA Champions League

Well it is United….but seriously ETH must take a large slice of responsibility. It’s his job to get the best out of him when they paid a fortune.

I am impressed tonight to be fair.

1 Like

Well let’s see now, they banished him to train with the reserves…then the manager questioned his professionalism which he didn’t take too kindly and took to Insta to let out his frustrations to which then his integrity was questioned…didn’t want to apologize as he felt he had nothing to apologize for…soooo yeah.

Fast forward 6 months and Utd are getting knocked the fuck out the CL groups by Copenhagen and Sancho is MOTM in a CL semi final so happy days.

Like the quarters were, both semi’s finely poised for next week.

Look forward to seeing who makes it.

Probably not enough, but well done Dortmund.
By far the least objectionable team left.

4 Likes

well done Dortmund !

1 Like

A thin margin, to be sure, but a goal in Paris would become enormous.

1 Like

Additional CL spot for the Bundesliga confirmed after tonight. So Dortmund currently 5th in the league are qualified.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/1785790238813487383
:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

that is just grating.

i cant handle this type of ‘banter broadcasting’

4 Likes

It’s like getting dog piled by the cry-laughing emoji.

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGolazo/status/1785733676371771494

1 Like

I like Schlotterbeck. If he cuts out some defensive mistakes here and there, he could become a very good or even top CB. Perhaps it will happen at the next big(ger) club if he gets there, because a lot of Dortmund’s defending as a group has been a shambles at times in recent years.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0268-12157d69ce2d-9f011c70f6fa-1000--new-format-for-champions-league-post-2024-everything-you-ne/

8 matches (instead of previously 6) against different opponents from September until January.

Have to finish the league phase in the Top 8 or we have play two extra matches.

1 Like

I’ve read that format several times and can only assume that they came up with it whilst pissed.

3 Likes

Carra wrote it on the back of a fag packet while lying on a park bench in Dortmund after the game.

2 Likes

In this new format, a team could play a potential 17 games on the way to the final, in comparison to the maximum of 13 in the current format.

1 Like

3 Likes

The two extra matches are bad enough but I’m very concerned about the potential playoff round. Don’t need that at this stage of a season.

Going the easy route is not something we do at our club and finishing Top8 might sound easier than it is.

In Champions League and Europa League this season 12 teams won more points and 7 more teams won the same number of points than we did in our group stage.

1 Like

I do like the concept of playing 8 different teams to be fair.

But the play offs is stupid. I guess it may mean less “dead rubbers” in the group stage? Or just more $.

Time will tell if this works. As I have said many times in here the current group matches can be predictable and it’s not until you reach the quarters that it gets really good. This years quarters and semis have been sensational.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the home and away split is meant to be, but part of the attraction of cup competitions is seeing new teams. That’s why I am always a bit disappointed when we draw EPL teams in cup competitions.

4 Likes