PSV A
Bologna H
Girona A

3 Likes

Draw’s a lottery. FFS.

1 Like

That’s really rough if you ask me.

Every team from 1 of the big 4 leagues. FFS

That’s a good set of fixtures in terms of travel, but it looks harder top to bottom than a normal draw would have been. Ordinarily you’d expect at least one team you could take your foot off the gas for, but even the worst teams in that list would have fancied themselves under the old format as being potential qualifiers.

Not really sure what to make of it :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Switched it off now.

No time to see Cristiano push that button 25 more times

1 Like

8 games

8 2-0 wins

Slotball is here.

10 Likes

Now after the draw I more than ever expect us to play the playoff round which will cost us a lot in the premier league.

Don’t think so.

https://x.com/eurofootcom/status/1829197017803043317

Fuck sakes.

Fuck this shit.

At least the travel is pretty nice. Would love to head back out to costa brava.

Every team from the big 4 leagues?Am i right in saying there’s 5 different countries,outside of england in our group.The toughest would probably be RM and Leverkusen though,both of which are at Anfield.

Interestingly our away games look like being more fruitful than the home one. We’d be looking for a minimum of 10 out of 12 points from the away games.

https://x.com/LFC/status/1829197734433435880

1 Like

Our home ties are the harder ones.

I don’t think it matters about an extra 2 legged tie. I think a couple of clubs will find themselves in that.

Can’t see us getting top 8 with those ties mind.

5 yeah, don’t know why I confused PSV badge with Monaco but there you go.

So no team outside any of the big 5 leagues.

I was looking forward to a Brugge, a Sturm Graz and maybe a cheeky Young Boys…none of that shit.

2 Likes

Furthest trip will be one of Leipzig or Balogna, all the rest are fairly short flights, so happy with that.

3 Likes

Arsenal fluked an easy draw.

Considering that they’ll choke anyway , it’s a waste.

I think we can win all the games except against Madrid. Normally, around 10 points are enough to go through in a typical group stage. However, with the extra two games and only 8 clubs qualifying, I think we’ll need 16-18 points to finish in top 8.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how this format plays out. On the upside for the spectacle of it, there won’t be any dead rubber matches. Everyone gets eight different teams, too, so it is a real mix.

We have been unlucky with our draw, but on the other hand, it sharpens the focus. Bring it on!

We are more than good enough to finish in the top eight, but if not, we will have a play off tie to get to the last 16.

Edit:
I half wonder if the tough draw will strengthen the resolve to add another signing or two? I will check out the speculation to see if anything is even being hinted at.

1 Like