UEFA Conference League

I know Roma and Spurs are favorite, but I feel one of the lesser clubs will win it.

Funny that there’s no Spanish club in this competition.

1 Like

Just a little heads up about NK Mura since they are coming from my country. If anyone cares though.

They are current champions of our shite league. 3 season ago they were in 2nd league. Since there isn’t any money there (peanuts sallaries) they kept more or less same team all these years. Adding some freebies here or there or loaning players from other eastern (usually Croatian) European leagues. Simundza is decent manager he took NK Maribor to the group stages of CL 5-6 years ago. Mura have the best fan base in Slovenia supporting the team in good and bad times (we Slovenes are more or less glory hunter type of fans. Typical football attendance of 1st league game is between 200-500 fans. And about full when we play top class opponents or half full on major derbies). Mura is currently pretty shite in the league - 5th out of 10 teams. They can be tough nut to crack or completely useless and can be outclassed by weakest teams. Another tragic thing is Slovenian mentality. We can be stubborn little twats against big teams (sometimes even beat them) or being completely useless when being a favorite against weaker teams.

3 Likes

So your saying they will probably be utter shite tonight against the spuds?

:rofl:

Ya, and I can swear on Kane’s swearings.

Bodø-Glimt 2-1 currently against Roma and it is so far deserved. Almost made it 3-1 at the break. A great game to watch. It is cold up there today. 4 degrees, but feels like -2 since there it’s a windy day as usual there. That, and Glimt’s artificial pitch may give them a slight advantage. But they are honestly a pretty good team. They impress in general, considering who they are and the means they have. They play very offensive football that is nice to watch.

3- 1 !!!

4-1 !!! 4 fucking 1, and that just as an F-16 flew over the stadium (Didn’t see it but recognice the sound of that airplane) !

THIS IS SO EPIC !!!

I literally turned on the game to see Spurs go 1 down.

1 Like

5-1 !!!
5-1 !!!

6-1 !!! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat: :scream_cat:

1 Like

Mourinho is looking dead inside.

1 Like

Sounds like the entire town has taken the trip to the stadium. Singing loud now !

Edit: Game over. 6-1, completely and utterly deserved. Could have been more. Wish more people had seen this game. It was well and truly epic. No doubt this is the best Norwegian football result since Rosenborg played in the Champions League and did well there in the 90s.

Please guys, watch the highlights. Some truly fantastic play and goals by Bodø tonight. Epic.

8 Likes

Was there any reason why they lost so badly?

That is pretty embarrassing.

Even with the fact that Roma changed almost their entire side, astro turf, what have you.

Still, 4 of their usual starters came off the bench when it was 2-1 and 3-1.

Their manager is a washed up useless poser twat?

1 Like

Newcastle are on the phone

1 Like

Glimt also had more chances, Roma almost didnt get to play and spent 2 min into the game without having touched the ball ! Mourinho has never had a team let in 6 before as well.

Just watched the highlights. Beautiful goals by Bodø / Glimt. The determinations to win the ball (3rd and 5th goals), and ground ball through Roma defense on other goals. Good result for Bodø / Glimt.

3rd goal: Ball appeared to be rolling out to touch, Bodø player fought through 2 Roma players around him, managed to hook it back to his teammate in the front of the net for an easy goal.

5th goal: Bodø player got tackled to the ground (seems to be a foul by Roma player), but not giving up on the chance, flicked the ball forward to player running on the left flank. Goal.

Perhaps it is also too cold for the Roma players…brain freeze and stiff limbs. :wink:

Link to the highlights (Enable AdBlock just in case!):
https://vvtodmat.topravideo.com/embed/YHnpBOS3jxja0

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=957Z_GmKkL4

Roma on the way to Bodø and their peculiar arctic adventure in midnight sun land. Spirits are high:

Not so merry around the 70th minute, their boss anyway:

Pretty good article on the game: Roma Embarrassed by Bodø in 6-1 Conference League Thrashing - Chiesa Di Totti

Game was so epic, that I will probably spend a couple more hours reading and watching bits about it ! :smiley: