UEFA Conference League

That is the joke.

He pisses a lot of people off due to using his YT chanel to get free tickets to games you and I could only dream of getting to watch, yet he actually has no relevence in the game (not a former player, journalist, coach ect), just a leach with a video camera filming himself

1 Like

ive only caught him a few times on that dreadful saturday social programme on Sky Sports. He is a jumped up little wanker who thinks he is the font of all knolwedge when it comes to football - typcial fifa / xbox generation twat.

still, he has enough sponsors stupid enough to want to give him money and tickets to big games so hes done well there.

I see talksport have given goldbridge a show now, based on what? acting a cunt on youtube and faking crying when united lose. Unreal.

1 Like

The Christmas episodes were classic.
I would love to see the German version of ā€˜Till death do us apartā€™

Other firm favourites were ā€™ Bless this Houseā€™, Sid James played a funny salty character and ā€˜Mind your languageā€™

3 Likes

I had a quick look to see if there was an English subtitled version but sadly not. This is the New Yearā€™s Eve episode that is shown every year. You can see the characters are all based on the original altough Alf is a bit more reminiscent of Adolf Hitler:

I wonder how that would stand up now? Iā€™ve actually been in that situation as one of the students learning German. It did remind me of that as everyone came from different countries with different backgrounds.

Edit: sorry, this thread has gone well off topic.

1 Like

Thing is you say it couldnā€™t but Toast of London goes close to the bone on this stuff.

Itā€™s just comedy has changed letā€™s be honest they made a remake of ā€œare you being servedā€ and the only gags were the pussy and Gay Mr Humphries, and you think well theyā€™ve cut the rest but I saw the film and thatā€™s all it ever was.

Enfieldā€™s parody of ā€œon the busesā€ is basically the entire sitcom.

As for ā€œOpen all Hoursā€ well you can see how utterly bland that is in its remake, all the charm of rotting teddy bear at a grave side (to quote Malcom Tucker).

Anyhow Europa Conference League faves for next year, got to be Villa.

1 Like

Juve booted out

1 Like

anyone want to make bets on Citeh and Sandcastle getting away scot free?

Yepā€¦thought that from the startā€¦

in hindsight it already has, EUFA ran out of time to press those charges.

Man City: UEFA probe ruled Ā£30m payment from owners was disguised as sponsorship | Football News | Sky Sports.

Actual conference League discussion

Basel went out to a team from Kazikistan
A Swedish team went out to someone from Armenia
Derry City beat KuPs from Finland

Danish and Norwegian reputations just about survived. And Guimaries from Portugal went out.

Hibs came through and Haverfordwest were really unlucky with a penalty that hit the blokes arms that were on his chest.

2 Likes

Twente who is seen in Holland as an upcoming force just scraped by against a team from Stockholm.

Perhaps the 'force thing is not so accurate ā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hibs up 3-1 here against Luzern.

1 Like

They play Villa in another playoff if they win.

We played less Rounds in that season we had to play at television services company football team after winning the CL.

Shame Villa are smashing Hibs as we could have done with them playing midweek before our game with a stronger team than they will have too now.

I donā€™t think theyā€™ll rest everyone anyway but probably be some starts for Jhon Duran, Josh Feeney and Cameron Archer.

5-0 to take back home is a bit of a killer.

Group A: Lille, Slovan Bratislava, Olimpija Ljubljana, KI Klaksvik
Group B: Gent, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Zorya Luhansk, Breidablik
Group C: Dinamo Zagreb, Viktoria Plzen, Astana, Ballkani
Group D: Club Brugge, Bodo/Glimt, Besiktas, Lugano
Group E: AZ Alkmaar, Aston Villa, Legia Warsaw, Mostar Zrinjski
Group F: Ferencvaros, Fiorentina, Genk, Cukaricki
Group G: Frankfurt, PAOK, HJK Helsinki, Aberdeen
Group H: Fenerbahce, Ludogorets Razgrad, Spartak Trnava, Nordsjaelland

1 Like

Not the nicest bit of travelling for Villa.

At least they have Netherlands. Imagine the poor sods who have to travel to Kazakhstan. In fact, all the groups have nightmare travels. Reality of lower echelon of European football.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d the kids have a holiday if weā€™d ended up playing those away games likelihood is Villa will only have Win at home