UK Politics Thread (Part 1)

Apparently they’re all out on the piss in London tonight. Wonder who’s going to go full Will Smith.

1 Like

There is still the issue of May elections. Presumably nothing will happen until after that.

Maybe unless they feel that a change would give them a better result?

5 Likes

That’s slightly unfortunate timing, after Bojo was taking the piss out of trans people at a dinner last night.

Notable, however, that he remains completely silent on the primary reason why a driver is not permitted to leave the scene after an accident.

I should know this. Is it incase 3rd parties are injured? I don’t know whether that was an issue here.

Being pissed and clearing off is a more likely reason.

Not to him coming out as trans, or suffering from being raped.

He did crash his car into a lamp post, presumably while pissed, and did a runner - claiming later to have been suffering from PTSD - it isn’t clear whether he is claiming the PTSD was a result of his attack, although it’s reasonable to assume so.

I’d be inclined to show compassion through what must have been a terrible time.

3 Likes

I’d argue Boris got in the way rather than Brexit. His apathy cost lives. 5 missed Cobra meetings, on holiday etc.

3 Likes

Aren’t they the same thing?

Not for me. Certainly related though. My point being that even without Brexit, with Boris leading the country we still would have been in a mess.

Worth noting he’s pretty much screwed up everything he’s touched since becoming PM, probably before that too.

1 Like

Also pretty much screwed everything as well.

No Boris, no Brexit.
No Brexit, no Boris.

2 Likes

So you saying thank god for Boris then?

Bemoaning a double disaster would be more accurate

2 Likes

Lol I know what you mean, it’s just a sad reflection of today’s political choices that Boris was the only one who some people felt resonated with the discord that many felt , I voted for brexit, but I wouldn’t vote Tory, but I can understand why some did at the time, the truth is to quote a saying “the useful idiot has served his purpose” I honestly feel next election will be the ideal time to break the same old tired two party system we have settled for and hopefully see new political parties emerge…wishful thinking I know but…one can hope

1 Like