UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

And the UK with it. You can do a hell of a lot of damage in 2 years especially with her views on the economy.

I get the feeling that Sunak would appeal more to traditional Tory voter if he got in, and would be more competent at hiding the havoc he’d wreak on public services. Truss would just be the nuclear alternative and there’s no hiding that. I do think Truss may appeal to the extreme loony Brexiteer bunch more though, despite her being a convert.

She would definitely appeal to loonies.

I suppose if believe that both choices are going to lead to a lot of damage, then one would prefer the more damaging to the party that votes them in, probably…

The only difference being that ‘traditional’ tories will believe the damage was worth it with Sunak along with a large portion of the voting public.
Just because Truss would make it blatantly obvious doesn’t mean the other would be better, far from it imo!

Worth what? Staying in power? Making everyone’s lives (including possibly their own) tangibly more miserable?

Well that’s exactly what they’ve been doing for the past 12 years

I mean how fucking miserable does it need to get before the majority say enough’s enough.

The Conservative Party believe that people are genuinely thick enough to be too distracted by a non-existent ‘culture war’ to think about the fact that they can’t afford to feed their children or gear their homes. It’s up to people to show that they aren’t.

1 Like

Biggest problem is that their backers control all the media that the masses consume so that makes it very hard to penetrate through their bullshit

2 Likes

Still too many out there to either ignore the obvious, or be oblivious to it sadly. Many are happy to live in a bible inflated by the Daily Mail, Express or Telegraph rather than one filled with oxygen.

1 Like

A significant enough number of English and Welsh voters have proved them right over the past decade

1 Like

Pain and punishment, the tory dream, as long as others are suffering more.

BoJo is himself telling people he will be back as PM within 12months!

85% of what?
Pompous Cradus and Crumple Bannerus are 85% adamant that Boris should stay or is it just Borus Johnsonus who is 85% sure he should stay?

There’s a lot in this. A proper tangled web with what is supposedly a shining beacon of UK manufacturing. Peerages and all sorts in this one and of course, gues who? Boris.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Another Johnson special. Hopefully, it won’t happen.

Key passage from the article

Johnson, who will create more peers in the autumn in a resignation honours list, has already appointed 86 peers, bringing the number of members sitting in the Lords to more than 800.

The fat blubbering idiot has created over 10% of all lords already.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/23/boris-johnsons-plan-to-create-large-number-of-new-peers-comes-under-fire

1 Like

Let me correct that link for you:

Have you not got your invite yet?

No mate, still not 100% convinced of whether it’s worth the £3m it’ll cost in donations…