UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

British exceptionalism is problematic too.

Nah, British exceptionalism is just a fact :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Says the guy thatā€™s just done his cost of living calcs in watts, volts and amps.

As thereā€™s no equivalent unit for voltage in imperial (I think) under Rees-Moggs plans electricians will be an even more magical species operating in a space thatā€™s only unique to the majority of the planet. When aliens visit, they may be the only people able to communicate with them.

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

Star Wars Doom GIF

1 Like

My twitter feed almost one on top of the other

7 Likes
1 Like

To put it differently, if it was a Labour minister Iā€™d expect a proper investigation right off the bat, and nothing less than sacking and prosecution if heā€™s been found to have done something unethical (for the former) and illegal (for the latter).

3 Likes

You know all those workplace fraud lessons we all need to attend? The normal Fraud Triangle is on the left, and the Fraud Triangle as it pertains to the UK government is on the right:

The Tories have spent so much time fine-tuning how to maximise it and remove all stops, and the public I guess believe that a UK government have too much integrity (ā€˜They couldnā€™t be that brazen?ā€™) for it to be even taking place that the lack of action is giving them a green light. Internally, I think its in such a state that if you are an MP you are almost seen as a chump if you are not defrauding the country.

The UK government since the Tories have taken power has become an absolute hellscape.

4 Likes

That seems big. Is this something that would complicate research funding and collaboration?

Yeah, but fuck it.

I think thatā€™s basically UK Brexit Policy at this point.

2 Likes

Because transparency and scrutiny are overrated.

1 Like

Her lecturing the rest of the world about how to do it before she has figured out where her desk is at 10 Downing has not gone over particularly well.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the kind of stuff that happens when youā€™re on the spectrum.