UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Do you think that’s an appropriate response.

Has Sky published the letter in which she apparently raises concerns? It’s reported that,

Carrie Johnson openly questioned Chris Pincher’s suitability as whip in 2017, Sky News understands

Carrie Johnson openly questioned Chris Pincher’s suitability as a government whip as far back as 2017, Sky News understands.

While communications director at CCHQ in 2017, Mrs Johnson (then Ms Symonds) questioned how Mr Pincher had ever ended up in the whips’ office in correspondence seen by Sky News.

The exchanges followed Mr Pincher’s resignation as assistant whip after claims of unwanted sexual advances from a Tory candidate.

Mr Pincher referred himself to the police and the Conservative Party complaints procedure and was later cleared of wrongdoing.

Theresa May reappointed Mr Pincher to the whips’ office in 2018.

A Number 10 spokesperson said: “Mrs Johnson is a private individual and has no role in ministerial appointments.”

Suitability as a government whip? That could be for a whole host of reasons. Why not question his suitability as an MP if her concerns were related to sexual harassment?

@redfanman

You really do supply us with the good stuff. Your work in here should be illegal…

1 Like

Why the fuck is she questioning anything? Who even is she? Some strange comments on here. No one’s spouse should influence their recruitment in work. Least of all the fucking government

3 Likes

Sad The Lord Of The Rings GIF

1 Like

Can you see grassroot Tories voting for a brown person?

Nah; me neither.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nick Watt says a close Boris ally is saying he has less than 24 hours…

Whaddya youse reckon??

I honestly think he will last a few days. It will be unlike anything seen before, but he will cling on for a bit.

3 Likes

Terrifying but plausible.

https://twitter.com/ab4scambs/status/1544382196844269571?s=20&t=a9LXGcIBNAy4emRspG-hLQ

Given how rumours, allegations, formal investigations and actual censures have followed Pincher around for years, I think it’s safe to say, in all likelihood that is the reason for M’Lady’s objections

I wonder, what about Theresa May, since it was under her that he became Deputy Chief Whip the first time around?

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Would they vote for a woman? Wait…

As long as there are fangs and no shadow, there’s no problem - vote → check!

Boris outside no. 10

2 Likes

Don’t insult poor Larry.

Also, I’m wondering, does the Daily Heil withdrawing its support have anything to do with the sudden avalanche of ministers quitting…

2 Likes

More interested in how long before Carrie divorces the fat cunt. I can see an angry backlash coming.

She’s taken quite a few for the team here, even though she did get to choose the wallpaper.

1 Like