UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

While we will rejoice in his downfall, this can only strengthen the Tory party. Anyone will seem decent by comparison leading them into next election, with all the media regrouping on their side again

1 Like

Currently there is no

Chancellor
Health Secretary
Party Chairman
Ethics advisor

:joy:

I half expect Nadine to get a promotion. God help us if she is taking a leaf out of Carries book to influence Johnson !

1 Like

I’ve no doubt she’s been there already. How else does someone so utterly and evidentially incompetent get a powerful job? She will go back to obscurity when this whole sordid phase is over

Things will rum more smoothly now I suspect.

I was torn about giving :+1: and :see_no_evil: but I think a :nauseated_face: emoji is more appropriate !

Steve Barclay is new Health Secretary. Zahawi rumoured to be offered job as Chancellor. Michelle Donellan possibly being promoted from Universities Minister to Education Secretary.

1 Like
1 Like

Broccoli Highkicks!

Where will Liz end up??

He’s managed to keep a pretty low profile of late.

Speaking of woozy…

1 Like

Not surprising, he has effectively been doing two very busy jobs - chief of staff and the senior minister responsible for Cabinet Office. A lot of talk on twitter suggests that moving him to Health shows Johnson has little remaining support from which to pick from.

1 Like

Saqib Bhatti is the other PPS to have gone today.

2 Likes

Not an ounce of integrity in any of them. Only jumped when they knew it was in their own interests. What a fucking horrible place the UK political establishment has descended to

8 Likes