UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Just wondered, as that would be his last option whilst playing the fiddle as Rome burns I’d imagine.

2 Likes

Shall we have a go? I hear there’s room, and I’ll let you choose the carpet.

I could we’ll see him trying that.

I wonder what options the Queen has as well?

She can and probably would say no.

Within all this drunken bravado and the complete “lack of reading the room”, there is a human that is under a huge (unimaginable) amount of pressure… I hope for a speedy and positive outcome, not just for the country, but also for the individual concerned.

Seems that the unflushable turd is finally going out in UK , don’t have any hopes that the same will happen for India.

Anyone else yeah. Boris, not a chance.

He’s one of a very short list where I’d say that.

He can, but it raises a real constitutional question. She doesn’t have to listen to her first minister’s advice on the matter, particularly if it appears that it is he himself that has lost the confidence of the House (i.e. his own party), not the Government.

1 Like

Has Johnson sat on her or something?

Correct and actually she will almost certainly refuse in circumstances where it hasn’t been tested as to whether someone else could command the confidence of the house as constituted.

3 Likes

That would be my sense as well. She would likely ask if it was possible to form another Government.

2 Likes

Which room?

Trade envoy David Duguid resigns

And yet another resignation… David Duguid has quit as a trade envoy. The MP for Banff and Buchan says in a statement: "In light of recent events, I believe the Prime Minister’s position is now untenable.

“Having indicated my concerns internally earlier this week, it is my intention to stand down from my position as Fisheries Envoy and Trade Envoy for Angola and Zambia.”

Pretty sweet job title.

Why would she say no? I have no idea what the rules/conventions are around this…

EDIT: Was discussed above by @Arminius and @Kopstar … Serves me right for not reading the thread first.

Fuck him.

2 Likes

Going further, what would happen if all these ministers decided to quit the tory party?

That would likely be grounds for dissolving parliament, but is there anything to stop them rejoining once an election is called if BoJo is no longer leader?

I think that would be the fairest approach…

Not that it wasn’t before, but it is getting very fucking pathetic now.

I’m also ghoulishly looking forward to Boris post-Downing Street. He is clinging onto this job like it is more important to him than oxygen. Hopefully when it’s all over he unravels like a more unhinged Gary Busey.

Already got the same hair and general vibe.

1 Like

Never been seen in the same room together

Happy Face GIF by Aquí lo miré