UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Fuck him. I want it dragged out so he suffers and is shamed as much as possible, though I don’t think he is able to feel shame.

Reality is he’ll get another highly paid job, celebrate himself as the man who ‘got Brexit done’ and continue to live in luxury, not giving a shit about the lives he’s destroyed

1 Like

There is actually a down side to Boris getting the sack.

We’ll have to endure Jeremy Hunt’s leadership bid.

Upside will be watching the new person trying to defend the mess created by The Johnson.

We may have the fun of Raab deputising until the new leader takes over first?

I look at Raab and think there’s hope for us all.

Wtf you think raab could be the saviour of British politics for us all?:grimacing::joy::joy:

Ps I know what you mean btw

The word is that he is refusing to go.

Buckle in everyone.

3 Likes

Even Sauron’s gnome is calling for him to go.

Wondering if it’s possible to actually be evicted for squatting at No. 10 :thinking:

1 Like

That would be something, and all from the comfort of your sun lounger.

Which one is that?

Priti Patel

1 Like

1 Like

I could just imagine the reformed new government being similar to this

Political parties have no real constitutional existence in the Westminster system. They evolved from not much more than groups of friends at Parliament, where whomever had the most support would be asked first to form a government that could hold the confidence of the House. Parties are really just a short hand for that process. So, they could rescind their resignations from the Conservative Party without consequence beyond the Conservative Party.

2 Likes

Hard to see how that ends short of either an own goal confidence motion, or the sort of intervention that the Queen has spent one of the longest reigns in history trying to avoid at all costs.

1 Like

So, not levelling up then?

Levelling down, just like what they were doing to the country…

Babi Trump is doing a pretty good job of emulating pops.