UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Not wishing to be more of a pedant than usual but you stated it as a fact, “X” will happen. As opposed to I don’t think or in my opinion etc.

Excellent, as usual, from Marina Hyde here:

Nadine Dorries, the missing link between the vegetable and mineral kingdoms

:joy:

3 Likes

"In any case, even an outraged comparison of Johnson with Lecter increasingly feels very unfair to the unconventional forensic psychiatrist. Lecter, of course, was rather more skilled at drawing things out than the prime minister, who – as of last night – has been bumped into the role played by the late Ray Liotta in Hannibal. You may recall the scene in which this useless and corrupt government official has been so skilfully drugged that Lecter is able to feed him mouthfuls of his own brain while he retains a form of consciousness. This will be Boris Johnson’s summer. We are all Clarice Starling now – tied to the chair at the other end of the table and forced to watch."

just…wow

1 Like

That is a ripping line.

2 Likes

Anyone still think he isn’t fucked? For me the question is ‘when’ rather than ‘if’.

2 Likes

Stymie his legislative agenda? :joy: What legislative agenda?

He’s 100% foobarred.

He’ll always be looking to appease the rebels or they threaten him with another confidence vote as they did with May.

Only difference being I can see him having to be forceably removed rather than accepting his position was untenable like May did.

I’m not sure he cares if rebels do this. Unlike his predecessors i dont think he has any legislative aspirations going forward and losing those votes is unlikely to push him out of power in the short term.

1 Like

Fucked
Up
Beyond
All
Repair/Recognition

FUBAR

4 Likes

taking lessons from Trump, I see

Maybe he’ll get the Parliament stormed by technoviking

viking GIF

Zelensky pays tribute to ‘true friend’ Johnson after confidence vote

James Waterhouse

Reporting from Kyiv

“Very happy” were two of the words President Volodymyr Zelensky used in reaction to UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson surviving his vote of confidence, describing him as a “true friend of Ukraine”.

It’s a sentiment echoed by many on the cobbled streets of central Kyiv, mainly because the UK government is one of the biggest supporters of the country in this war, outside the European Union and United States.

Of course, people’s views of the British prime minister aren’t shaped by domestic issues.

Even before this invasion, though, Ukrainians cared deeply about the level of military aid being supplied by western allies as Russia continued to gather troops on the border.

They are continuing to defend, but Russia has already taken a fifth of Ukrainian territory.

I thought the UK was at war with Ukraine, that’s what the lady said.
Strange situation supplying arms to the country your at war with. Some sort of reverse psychology?

The internet peaked with TV…been downhill ever since.

disagree. it peaked with IOT. but then the NSA started using it for spying on us all. Hey Siri, report everything I say to a big government computer, okay?

Note…3g cellular services are being removed in the USA so roaming voice calls are no longer usable from Cdn carriers

Well I foobarred that right up.

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

Isn’t Netflix losing subscribers hand over fist??

:thinking:

Could be a reference to the British tax payer paying for the NHS and then someone has shared the password for health tourists to come and use it without ever paying into the system?:joy:

2 Likes

So it’ll be a subscription service then. For an extra £40 per month you can get an exclusive boob job offer?