UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Johnson is a person who thinks it is his divine right to be leader, he won’t resign on his own, unless he is kicked out. He loves the glamour of being the supreme leader. He thinks he is the saviour of the universe

All i see is this biggest sanctimonious prat to grace the govt. He gets away with every wrong thing he does.

Really give up now on any positive change in these Isles.

Edit: One mystery i don’t get is, what do women see in Johnson? I can’t see anything remotely fascinating, sexy or charming about him.
He gets all the glamorous and educated women after him.

1 Like

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

He pays them!

That can’t be it. Two of his wives are rich and from good families.

1 Like

Social climbing. For the British upper class the point of a marriage is what doors it opens for you.

4 Likes

I am so depressed, this compulsive lying, shagging git is still PM.

Aren’t there about 160 or so who are tied in some way to a position or similar representation of the Government, and would therefore be obliged to resign if they voted non-confidence? Granted, secret ballot, but some did in fact resign - that number suggests that Johnson has lost the backbenchers to a ratio of about 75%. A lot of those Chairs etc. that aren’t in Cabinet will be seeing the signs.

1 Like

That’s nuts but this beats it

1 Like

Well Dorries is wearing red… Unfortunately I think her cover is now blown so I expect she’ll be evacuated back to Moscow stat.

Theresa May was forced to pre-announce her resignation after her own no-confidence vote after Brady warned her that the rules (12 months grace) would be changed to force another vote. Reference has already been made to it being a very real possibilty and I expect that sometime in the near future , either after the by-elections or the parliamentary inquiry , then the same strongarm tactics will be brought to bear on Johnson and this time he will be informed he doesn’t have the votes to survive.

Interestingly , it was only at the third time of asking last night when he was being interviewed , that he said he had ‘no interest’ in calling a snap election. Translation : That’s very much what I’m thinking about if it gives me a better chance of saving my own skin.

4 Likes

That would be very Johnson.

Instead of stepping down, calling a snap election to give him further mandate to govern. As a populist is answers to the public rather than his party.

I could see Mogg/Raab/Patel and co all going along with that.

1 Like

That’s a statement of fact then? £10 to charity says he’s still in come Jan 1st.

If he is forced into a position where he needs to choose what is best for him or the Conservative Party he will naturally choose himself. In one respect that makes him almost untouchable because the senior Tories know he will happily burn the house down rather than leave in a semi-dignified manner.

1 Like

How many of his allies/ front bencher are elected from marginal seats?

More and more of them.

2 Likes

It’s my opinion, and I don’t gamble as a rule. Happy to revisit this if I’m wrong.

Here is what is mounting up against him.

• He’s just performed worse in a no-confidence vote than Theresa May.

• His polling has collapsed, and if there was a GE tomorrow it is predicted that the Tories would lose.

• He has lost the support of 75-80% of backbenchers.

• He is now widely acknowledged to be untrustworthy.

• There is more scrutiny to come.

I don’t care how unusual a leader he is. He can’t survive this. There is now pressure coming at him from all sides.

3 Likes

Tend to agree with what mascot says here , now you will see the Tory press calling for unity and it’s time to draw a line blah blah blah which they’ve already done.

Sadly they will try to downplay this and will be watching labour like hawks for any scent of blood, they will try and run with “beergate” which imo I think Starmer was in the wrong as just like partygate it stinks that both sides know they took the piss and their excuses are bs as the rest of us were told to obey etc.

But from this point on labour whilst not having to do much (other than just watch the Tories destroy themselves as they tend to do) …they just need to make sure they don’t do anything stupid in the meantime for the press to deflect from Johnson

2 Likes

The Mail and the Express has fallen into their usual delusional patterns - the Mail having a bizarre pop at Starmer for smiling, and the Express going with Johnson’s reaction to the result rather than the result itself.

But the rest have really put the boot in.

Sorry you had to see this @PeachesEnRegalia

3 Likes

Yeah, good looking out. Uncalled for, @Maria. I’ve always been careful to not offend you, too….

5 Likes