UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Quite impressive the MOTD team all going effectively on strike

Whose left ? Danny Murphy ? Keown ?

7 Likes

Let’s hope that we’re not on ever again. Refusal of our club to allow BBC access to our games, despite whatever contracual obligations exist, would send a strong signal of solidarity to those seeking passage to our shores with a legal right to asylum

2 Likes

The sad thing about this whole episode (other than Bravermans mess) is that this will be twisted into further defunding the BBC. Tory’s like Nadine Forties have been gunning for it for some time now.

Personally torn on the issue as I hate the license fee. My viewing taste does not align with a huge amount of what they have on. On the other side though some of the BBC stuff like Horizon, anything David Attenborough, and stuff of that ilk is top drawer.

2 Likes

I almost never watch the bbc but do access their web site quite a lot. Interestingly, my children watch newsround as it is shown in school. At first I was ok, well that’s cool as is it develops their interest in broader issues but at the same time with the shift in direction of the bbc in recent times I have been a bit more circumspect. For me as a child watching newsround with John Craven around 5 was always a highlight.

To cut a long ramble short, they also do good content for children, which I hope has not been corrupted as much.

4 Likes

Reading more about Tim Davie and the current leadership of the BBC, you see him using right-wing dog whistles:

Suspect that the Tories have engineered themselves a wonderful win-win situation here, either the BBC gets the blame, or the woke-lefties get the blame.

Nothing about the government interference into state media eerily reminiscent of fascist regimes of course.

Sorted :+1:
Love the hear the tactical analysis.

We’ll give that £500m to the fishermen I think! :rofl:

They need to get Arsene Wenger in on MOTD. :rofl:

Where are they putting them?

https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/uk-opinion-polls

2 Likes

Presenters and pundits have now pulled out of Football Focus and Final Score, and Five Live Coverage is in doubt.

4 Likes

It would be so odd, hilarious, and downright sad if this is actually the event that pulls down this government. Not any of the other things they have done or are planning to do.

It’s turning into a de facto strike.

5 Likes

3 Likes

To be fair, Rashid Sanook does sound like a Football Manager wonderkid.

3 Likes

Sort of odd on the BBC live feed. There is a named person for the Scotttish football reporting, but for the live Premier League updates nobody has put their name to it.

1 Like

Gary Linker isn’t he that arrogant Leicester guy who hates Liverpool and can not even be bothered to hide it a bit.

Hope he never returns to MotD.

Colin Murray confirmed Fighting Talk is being pulled from 5Live after the full team agreed to not do the show

3 Likes
2 Likes

Last Man Standing Yes GIF by FOX TV

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous that all the framing coming out now is that he’s involving himself in party political speech, when it’s not even about party politics.

It’s about moral decency. But great way to minimise the whole debate and say that anyone who objects to the asylum plan is just being partisan.

4 Likes