UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

Doubt this one will be either……

I look forward to picking this up in your new thread ‘Is the BBC now too woke or has Mrs Brown’s Boys been recommissioned again?

1 Like

1 Like

More wokey far left propaganda from the BBC

6 Likes

im sorry, what exactly happened in that story @ILLOK

Bit of background here but basically BBC accusing some of the women footballers who were evacuated from Afghanistan as being fake refugees:

1 Like

Lets get the ball rolling again :0)

1 Like

I didn’t know there were so many ball gag experts in the UK, obviously a bunch of perverted fuckwits! :rofl:

Looks very comely on that old lady.

Line crossed

It’s a problem because it’s clearly triggered something in you.

More important than TV presenters…

4 Likes

It’s a problem because people are clearly employed to make sure it’s crammed into the show. So it really really matters to some. But seemingly it only matters to me? Really?

As for triggered, no. This debate isn’t about this point specifically, it’s about the modern day incarnation of Chairman Mao appointing baking competition judges.

Once again, save it for the BBC thread.

That doesn’t surprise me at all. I’ve been working in Germany for just under 4 years and I’ve had 5 salary rises in that time. In the previous 8 years I’d only had two and both were related to my terms of employment being altered.

Comparing what I am paid now compared to what I was paid 4 years ago (considering my current job has much lower responsibility) is about 25% more.

I don’t think people in the UK are very good at seeing what is considered normal in comparable countries. It’s a bit like the recent fruit and veg debacle when Brits living abroad were pointing out that it was only the UK that was affected.

1 Like

Is there a BBC thread? I could do with a laugh.

UK is slowly and surely becoming a third world country. London otherwise.

Money and black holes.

3 Likes

Noticed this story on my Twitter feed:

Has anyone actually followed the money trail for this one. There’s obviously a grift going on somewhere. I’m assuming it ends up in the usual tax havens.

But it’s an issue to you and only you on this forum. No one else as far as I can see. Having not seen the programme I’ve no axe to grind on it. I don’t like the idea of box ticking as part of some quota type thing but to me I’m getting the impression the real questions on it should be

1. Is it a really problem in any way?
  2. Is it actually an important part of the story it not?

Now if you’d brought up an actual example such as the Welsh Rugby Union board restructuring and actual quotas for women on that board you might have a point.

Again show me your evidence of someone employed to cram something irrelevant as you put it into the program. Show me this mysterious Diversity Inclusion Producer.

I’m the last dinosaur, all the others were hounded out. You’ll never get away from the fact that this forum is 99% left leaning. I wonder how many are and how many just drift with how they consider a Liverpool fan “should” think and how many just keep quiet because they don’t want the shit.

Kathleen Kennedy says hello.

Good example. Now is that a personal thing or a Disney policy. For another thread maybe?

But she has no association with the program being debated does she?

One of them by the heliport in Dyce.
Been closed to the public (heliport users) for a year now

1 Like