UK Politics Thread (Part 2)

After the Rwanda thing satire is dead

Shit are those figures real? Those are shockingly low.

I’m willing to trust Sam Freedman on this as I believe he is a former Permanent Secretary at the Department for Education.

1 Like

I wish any politician would admit to their faults, admit to taking the piss out of LGBTetc admit to cheating, swearing, drinking, womanising (manatising) lying and being a general cunt etc. Then saying they were genuinely sorry and promising to be better in the future. Would be an outstanding rock on which to launch a leadershit challenge (SIC) That of being human.

Freudian slip of the highest order

“sic”?

1 Like

As someone who will probably never vote Tory unless they had a candidate ‘less Tory’ (won’t happen), I’m kind of chuffed that all the candidates so far are hell bent on expanding that divide between the Tory elite and normal people by focusing on what’s best for Conservatives.

2 Likes

Your regular reminder the biggest area of welfare spending is on pensions, and by a significant margin.

4 Likes

No mate, just wit. But thanks for the compliment. Did you miss the SIC?

So the next PM needs to declare a love for Logan’s Run? Interesting concept.

1 Like

Anyone else think Suella looks like Peppermint Patty??

Rehman Chishti on my telly machine has just clawed his way onto my shit list.

Another one of these ‘I’ve made it anyone can’ fuckwits.

Like this?
the ring GIF

No, not at all. It would be nice if they would just acknowledge that spending on Pensioner benefits (about £110bn+) accounts for about 46% of all welfare spending (10% of all public spending or 5% of GDP) instead of demonising people on benefits who account for a fraction of that (£57bn went on working age benefits in 2021 but only a small % of that actually goes on healthy jobseekers). Then proper support for all who need it can be discussed and introduced - instead of tax cuts off the back of lies and disinformation leaving everyone worse off.

8 Likes

Surely with fuel bills rocketing no cuts should be necessary in order to have tax cuts elsewhere.
Just shows how dim these nuts are and ill informed the public is!

The divide between the haves and the have-nots seems to be as bad as it has been for a long long time…a society defined by inequality, perfectly personified by that walking boner we will have for a few months longer.

Not seeing much to disabuse me of the above.

(hyperbole intended)

4 Likes

Yup. That’s how a right wing party works. Give good stuff to your support (i.e. the wealthy) and then blame those less fortunate such as asylum seekers. They’re taking all our jobs etc. Odd how we now have a labour shortage.

We should all pretend to be horses…at least then Nadhim would provide us with a nice warm stable.

I don’t mind being the back end if anyone wants to team up…

Whinny whinny neigh!!!