UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Probably agree with all of that, except the people being supported bit.

True, but would you rather spend money on processing asylum applications or sending asylum seekers to Rwanda for £290m and then spending money on processing the asylum applications while they’re out there before flying them back and giving them the support they’re entitled to?

Let’s be clear, this is a scam using our money again. They will never spend money where it’s needed most. Always an angle, a hidden contract, and so on.

2 Likes

Just looking at the headlines, Sunak’s evidence at the COVID inquiry doesn’t look great. More mysterious WhatsApp problems

1 Like

Personally, I’d rather we spent money on fixing the problems we already have, before spending money on problems we’re importing.
But life isn’t like that, so never going to happen.

I wouldn’t disagree but until Farage weaponised these people and the government gutted the system looking after it all and completely lost of all control of everything as a result it was never as big an issue as it is now.

It’s a problem completely of their own making and they’re using public money to dig the hole deeper.

Where’s that HS2 money Rishi?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Interesting.

1 Like

I wonder if there is a suspicion that the UK general election will be earlier rather than later?

In the piece above Marr reckons Sunak wants to leave it as late as possible , but that events (dear boy) might simply undermine him and force him to go as early as Spring.

1 Like

Doubt it. The government will try to cling to power for as long as possible in order to maximise their kickbacks.

What was interesting, though, was the rumour that a number of Tory backbenchers are thinking of launching a leadership challenge in the new year. That would be hilarious.

2 Likes

I thought Marr was arguing that the pig fucker wouldn’t have given up his ‘consultancies’ and accepted the FO (positively slumming it for the people) for only a few months and ergo Dishi must have convinced him that he’d see out the term?

1 Like

Who knows what either of their motivations were really , except misguided.

I certainly think the GE is the motivation for announcing it now, even though he did say he would only stay leader for 5 years.

The only timing thing I think is covering all bases.

It may end up out of Sunak’s hands. There is no doubt that he wants to go as late possible - there is probably some public money lying around these fuckers haven’t pilfered yet. But we may yet end up with a Spring Election should the Government fall. Odds on a spring Election are certainly shorter than they were a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

How pathetic is this?

1 Like

Honestly every one of these cuntish Tory ministers should be put in a bloody public stockade for wasting our public monies.

How the fuck do they even justify their own pay packets? Bunch of louts!!

Sounds like she was reading this:

As a rule of thumb, I regard anyone who uses the word “woke” as a pejorative as an imbecile. It should be on a list of banned insults for parliament.

As far as the plague research goes, it sounds like a legitimate line of enquiry. I know one bit of research that was done 30 odd years ago that investigated whether the prevalence of plague on populations was correlated with the impact of AIDS.

4 Likes

If I were leader of the opposition, I’d instruct all my MPs to counter with “antediluvian” every time a Tory uses the term “woke”.

1 Like