UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

OMG…

is this really how stupid their PR department is?..

what the actual fuck? sending the prime minister out to buy mince pies … they must be having a whale of a time, ill even suggest he lost a bet here…or did it as a dare or something…

i wouldnt stress, somewhere a tory minister is currently setting up a concrete remediation company as we speak, contracts will be getting drawn up and works can begin pretty much sometime soon after the 50% deposit has been paid…

Engineering Consultants are making a fine wedge on RAAC at the moment. Everything from inspections, assessments, propping designs and maybe even assisting with temporary accommodation. Anyone’s guess what comes next but it seriously needs funding and delivering. It appears to have been left to the local authorities which fills me with dread to be honest but it’s probably the best route through it.

What the conservatives and their backers need to realise is that, if they keep going down this road, ultimately the inequality becomes too great to endure and violence ensues. A bit more 1950s income redistribution leading to high economic growth is a much nicer option for the elite than a violent rebellion with assets ‘requisitioned’ or destroyed and heirs ‘liquidated’.

2 Likes

1 Like

There seems to be a bit of a cockney comedy element to the article in the “fair dos guv. I know I’ve done bad but I’m going straight now and want make amends…” - likely story.

It’s irrelevant though. In that article he could puff out his chest and announce he plans to steal the crown jewels. If he was born here, he is a British National and the Government has no right to deport him.

2 Likes

Portuguese government be like

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah, wait until the Spanish start sending back all the gangsters from Costa del Sol.

2 Likes

It mirrors what Australia does.

Australia deports those with the weakest connection to NZ (who commit a crime who they dont want)

It’s a real frustration as we are taking people who have spent virtually their entire
lives in Australia. Hundreds in recent years that left NZ as a child. Cases were entire family are Australian, mum accidentally gave birth while on holiday, but since then has been living entire life in Australia (ie in NZ less than a month, with no friends to family there, in Australia 40 years) been deported for criminal activity.

Tony Abbott (former Australia PM) is an advisor to the government. My guess is it’s one of his gems.

2 Likes

I agree and didn’t go into the who owns who due to the scars on the discussion of other “enfant terribles” such as Shamim or the dude in eastern europe wanted on drugs/sex trafficing and so on.

The UK should own UK problems.

Need not say any more. Anything that cunt either came up with or is involved with is totally immoral and should be rejected out of hand

3 Likes

Note that, although this is an article in the Grauniad, the author is the deputy editor of Conservative Home.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Complete fuckwits! :rofl:

3 Likes

Probably the most striking thing is that 22% of the public still think Brexit has been good for the UK in general.

I guess there truly is no coming back from being dropped on the head as a baby.

2 Likes

I read the 9% as the margin of error.

It’s difficult to admit that you have been wrong about something so important, especially when you have argued vehemently for it. There will always be a certain percentage who will refuse to confess to being misled.

1 Like