UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Here’s the best part… the bus companies in the UK are being offered technology on their vehicles to scan the roads they are driving on (which have no-parking zones programmed into the routing by GPS fields) and automatically take photographs of the vehicles. information is then transmitted to their servers with location and time-stamps and the vehicles is sent a fine automatically, without any type of notice on the vehicle. it’s then on the vehicle owner to dispute on their own time.

the money is split between the bus companies, and the company that makes/maintains the system.

Also

In Canada, you cannot link or share any news on social media. There’s a national ban, Facebook will remove any links to news agencies. So if the government does something nefarious, and they control the media coverage then how are people going to find out about it? on the government-controlled CBC? nobody watches the news anymore…

1 Like

“We will stop immigration undercutting the salary of British workers.”

Yeah- businesses underpaying their staff for the last forty years is all down to those pesky immigrants.

1 Like

The weird thing is, that after all these years, it still works.

1 Like

Due to the successful mass dumbing down of the public.

2 Likes

Does she really believe that or is she being ironic?

1 Like

Where is the HS2 money Rishi?

I don’t know her, but if I run into her I’ll ask :laughing:

@Dane looks like you were right about political instincts…

1 Like

Who cares what the Tories say? These policies are about the future of the planet ffs!

1 Like

Broken Britain…

1 Like

It’s like going back to the dark ages. We have lords in their castles and peasants in the mud.

Absolutely disgusting in the 21st century.

2 Likes

Blame the parents

Accusing Starmer of flip flopping is not a new tactic by the Tories, they’ve been doing it for a while.

Personally, i think in this situation it is more understandable than perservering with policies that knowingly dont work.

Also, i think as an attack line it can be countered by the Keynes response to a similar attack “when the facts change, i change my mind, what do you do sir?”)

1 Like

Alternatively, Starmer can just produce a long list of Tory u-turns.

1 Like

‘Thanks for all your hard work, you’re getting another pay cut next year, so i bought you a mince pie…might need to share though…soz aba tha!’

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMilburn/status/1738540326405427411?t=VyDUuVPkrESdm1X1EKDsbA&s=19

On the contrary, it’s the exact opposite here. They’re planning to water it down not because it doesn’t work, or isn’t feasible, but because they’re afraid of the Tory attack line. I believe it’s been acknowledged by several economists that it would be a good thing overall, and it’s noted that they were even considering positioning it as a deficit-reducing policy since it’s expected to boost productivity and lower energy costs.

1 Like

The not working was a reference to Tory policies, such as the Rwanda stuff. Slimming down the energy commitment has been expected for a while because of the deterioration of the government finances.

Speaking of Rwanda, they have all the money in the world to waste on that crap, but can’t be bothered to fix the schools:

Shows where their priorities are.

5 Likes

Yup, play the “well they did it too” card.
That’ll do it.

1 Like