UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

No win scenario for Sunak. They are following Braverman in trying to get sacked to reposition themselves in a hard right Tory party in opposition. He sacks them, and they pop off the back benches to throw shit at him. He sticks with them and he looks weak.

It’s stuff like this that makes me think that the timing of a General Election might not be quite as in Sunak’s hands as he thinks it is.

1 Like

Conservatives!

Have you fucked up the country? Is everyone sick to the back teeth of your corruption? Are the polls suggesting you’re facing wipeout that might take a generation to recover from?

Don’t worry! When all else fails, you can always turn to gerrymandering.

2 Likes

Another epic week in the making

Anderson and Clarke-Smith have jacked as predicted by @Mascot

Post Office scandal has properly blown up with one witness stating he thinks there’s been forged documents and fictitious accounts created.

Rwanda vote today

Cameron proving to be the slimy eel that he is

What else have I missed?

1 Like

Sunak can plan for an Autumn election all he likes. I don’t think he is going to last that long.

I’m getting that feeling too. He might be the only person on that Rwanda flight.

Seriously though, it’s gone beyond a farce now.
Say he goes, when does the parliamentary process actually stand up and say “Sorry guys, you’ve had a crack at it but it’s time for the public to have their say now?” Does that mechanism actually exist?

With an election having to be held by next January at the latest, I can’t see any parliamentary process stepping in. I also don’t see Sunak being forced out by rebels anyway.

Pretty difficult to crack a 54 seat majority with a non-confidence vote.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Copy of 30p Lee and Brendan’s resignation letter. Joint effort, good on them

“The British people deserve honesty” - S. Braverman

I don’t think there are enough laughing emojis on the entire internet to do that one justice.

3 Likes

Another top class article from one of the best journalists out there.

5 Likes

to be honest, whilst i dont disagree with the position the man is taking, the writing is very basic and sensationalist…i dont know why this constitutes good journalism, apart from the fact he has an opinion i agree with…

its very tabliodish

To be fair when writing about the excesses of the super rich in contrast with people living in destitution condition, its hard to make it not look like hyperbole. It feels unbelieveable.

1 Like

maybe.

did you read it though, its hardly indepth…

with a heading like that at a paper like that id be hoping for more than just the one statistic about the flotilla growing in the last 20 years…

its a fascinating subject, you could draw on why people are so drawn to watching the super rich, getting a glimpse of thier lives…you could discuss the cost of one supermaxi maybe funding how many families of refugees…you could discuss whos rumoured to have had lunch on whos boat etc…

1 Like

Read some of his other articles.

1 Like

I think you misunderstand the way opinion pieces and headlines are written and the point of this one.

did they hire @gasband to write it up.

Clearly not. Quality here is far lower.

possibly.

but COG did say ‘top class article’…i guess i was expecting something abit more researched. in depth.