UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I was wondering where that was going…

Classic!

You can have a go, but you are far more likely to know exactly what measures to put in place if you’ve had a proper investigation into what went wrong.

1 Like

‘Do you own a pub Matt Hancock drinks in?’

Given that he wanted to bring Sue Gray in as an advisor, i think he is serious about that. All the parties should be doing this. There are far too many who get into office without any idea about how government works or what their job is.

The big problem over the last few years has been more to do with the lack of a legal framework in government. The old “good chaps” agreements are wide open to abuse.

2 Likes

A cracking article.

1 Like

The Conservative Party : Making Everything Worse Since 2010

2 Likes

The year I was born.

Coincidence?

The woke deep state eh?

2 Likes

Sunak has done his usual and doubled down on this in PMQ’s today. They’ve lost every ounce of decency or even knowing the basics of right and wrong.

1 Like

Well yes. If you are asked to do something illegal then you don’t just tell the ministers to fuck off, you are expected to.

1 Like

If it simply to point fingers I agree, however if it is to lead to criminal investigations I support it.

At the highest level the UK is corrupt. There are those in the Tory party and the House of Lords who should face criminal charges.

Cronyism coupled with no public benefit was brought to the public’s attention by Covid, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Lining of pockets has been endemic and needs to punish those responsible. If nothing else but to restore confidence in rule of law and government.

2 Likes

Your post sparked something but my memory is shot to bits. Wasn’t there supposed to be an inquiry into Russian influence in the UK?

2 Likes

This one? What was reported was not worth the paper it was written on:

2 Likes

Agreed.
But let’s be honest, no prosecutions no matter how warranted, will ever materialise.

1 Like

New definition of extremism - groups that promote an ideology based on “violence, hatred or intolerance”.

So do they include themselves in that definition?

3 Likes

Like suggesting that a black MP should be shot, for example?

1 Like

I pulled my hamstring watching him make that stretch to avoid answering the question

When did you sign for us?