UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Ok but fair’s fair. Will this guy be investigated now as well?

I’m not saying his comments were acceptable, but isn’t there a fundamental difference between the cases? If he called for Esther McVey to be lynched because she’s a white woman, then I can see the similarity?

1 Like

Our sovereign buns

Well you might be surprised that some still behave as if they are still the colonial masters of yesteryears hurhur.

1 Like

Perhaps the fundamental difference is that Diane Abbott filed a ‘complaint’ and Esther Mcvey didn’t.
Those bringing it up have agendas and are acting in bad faith. It’s just Trolling!

So calling someone out for saying another woman in politics should be lynched is trolling or is that only if done by the left. Really…?

Calling for women to be lynched or shot is utterly wrong whether by left or right.

Read my post again?

I hope this isn’t replying to me, because I quite clearly did not say it’s trolling.

It is, but I don’t think that’s what Hester is being investigated for, unless I’m very wrong.

EDIT: Just to be clear, calling for anyone in general to be lynched is wrong.

No-one should be calling for anyone to be lynched, obviously. I remember McDonnell saying it, and it was a huge facepalm. Let’s not be giving privileged, entitled twats like McVey the chance to play the victim card and acted as if they are oppressed.

But I do think there is another dimension when you have a man adding a horrific racist dimension to a flippant remark about an MP.

The real car crash here is watching the Tory party prostrate themselves trying to come up with reasons not to give back the money. This man is essentially bankrolling the Tories, and getting a lot of benefit in return for his ‘generosity’. The whole thing stinks.

New 9-year contract just last September.

4 Likes

Priorities - a cross on a football shirt, or ….

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/DavidHenigUK/status/1771635139933614519?t=suv_a2jxuttMNZ4Nu4vfEg&s=19

1 Like

Can’t there be any proactive steps to utilize the six months till the election?

There already is

With data suggesting that thousands of student voters had fallen off the electoral roll as a result of the new rules, many universities have introduced a system to sign ­students up automatically. This requires every student to tick a box when they enrol at the university at the start of each year if they want their details to be passed on to their local ­council to ­

register them to vote. But new research suggests that around 100 universities have yet to do this, leaving it up to students, many of whom will not have voted before and will be living away from home for the first time, to register themselves online.

The Universities have the facilities and ability to register students, but not all have taken up that option. The Student Unions should be onto this to ensure that the universities are doing this and if not, demand to know why

4 Likes

You’re so close, maybe you should ponder how it is people survive (or don’t) on much, much less?

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, for sure. He’s so close to making that realisation for what we need as a society, just one more step…

1 Like

Students are deemed adults, yes?
They’re generally intelligent individuals, by virtue of being clever enough to enrol into university.
I’m sure given how tech savvy the younger generation are, they wouldn’t find it too difficult navigating the online registration process to register to vote?

1 Like

Don’t forget this is the man that invents black holes for public money, I bet there’s loads of smaller black holes all over his Surrey constituency.

You are far too confident …

You my friend are far too sensible for your own good.

Perhaps, but…
They dont have trouble navigating computer programmes and games.
Loan applications.
Bursary and student grant applications.
Ticketing systems for entertainment/sports events.
Gym memberships
Etc, etc, etc.

They manage to navigate stuff on their own that’s important to them.