UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Pretty much irrelevant as she isn’t standing again…

The Conways like her.

Epsomred?

Surrey BC

I thought you’d met the great man in the flesh.

Bloody Cunucks and their stealing of place names just to confuse the rest of the world
Shake Harder The Simpsons GIF

That reminds me, why is Australia’s largest city named after a town in Nova Scotia anyway?

We’re convicts, it’s in our nature
Tongue Out GIF by MOODMAN

Some good news for once:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-68986351

Is this like Kopstar’s famous “24 months of a million percent negative growth but one quarter of greatest growth in the galaxy = prosperity”?

1 Like

No, it’s more this government has faced some of the hardest external and unforeseen circumstances in living memory and things are finally looking better. To think otherwise is to be the fan who wants their team to lose so the manager gets sacked.

Not exactly. There had been declies in the previous 2 quarters so this is catching up on those losses but it is still up 0.2% compared to a year ago:

I came across an article recently which was estimating economic activity on proxy measures. I can’t find the article again but one measure was HGV activity on German roads as a proxy for total economic activity. It would be interesting to see something similar for the UK.

1 Like

I do think that formulation massively understates the catastrophic stupidity of the Truss interval.

2 Likes

I think graphs showing performance since 2019 would be more revealing. At least you could see the impact of everything.

Covid, Ukraine and Truss? That’s the 3 horseman of the apocalypse right there.

3 of 4 yes. Longer scale gives you a chance to see trend beforehand, impact of each and what, if any the recovery looks like.
Putting the UKs graph alongside other similar economies might be useful as well.

https://twitter.com/MittensOff/status/1789216283977711692?t=T54wxnYw8c5tBQjOCZ6Dzw&s=19

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fuck the press in this country. They deserve to be in prison getting handed around like sex dolls.

Elphicke defects and all of a sudden her lobbying whilst a Tory is unacceptable. Wasn’t newsworthy until May 2024?

2 Likes

Ok PigBoy. Now lets try telling the truth, that your party is full of gutless worms that doesn’t have the backbone to stand up to Israel

2 Likes

I don’t think in many cases it has anything to do with backbone. There is a substantial tranche of public opinion that has no desire to do so.

1 Like