UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

You’re such a contrarian.

Starmer has been a Labour Party member all his life, as were both his parents.

1 Like

He was a human rights lawyer prior to running DPP.

1 Like

I’m not sure that his parents would be too impressed with his taking Natalie Elphicke under his wing.

1 Like

He hasn’t taken her under his wing. He’s allowed her to cross the floor and take the Labour Whip, as it effectively counters the Tories attack lines on Immigration. An arrangement which will end when Parliament is dissolved in a couple of days.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think it is reasonable to criticize someone for working with the Diabetes Prevention Program, which was one of the most substantive public health programs of the 00s.

3 Likes

When on a roll…

1 Like

The DPP has something to say about the benefits of cutting back on bread and other refined carbs.

3 Likes
3 Likes

That would explain a lot. I have read that the Democrats have lost control of some States due gerrymandering.

Tactical voting is the best option to fight FPTP. But in turn, it strengthens the two-party system.

2 Likes

Why is Corbyn standing as an independent?

Is it some sort of protest?
Or has he had a change of heart on his politics?

I think Labor has made it clear that he won’t get their nomination.

1 Like

Kicked out of Labour

2 Likes

The family of Jean Charles De Menezes says Hi :raised_hand:

Rishi Sunak’s campaign trail. Day 1.

Today Rishi visited a biscuit factory in wales where he took questions from two workers wearing hi vis jackets, who later turned out to be Tory Councillors planted in the audience.

He then moved on to a local pub, asking whether the Euro’s was going to be good for business, and it was swiftly pointed out that Wales didn’t qualify.

7 Likes

Fake as fuck. That twat is just as much as an impostor as Johnson and Truss were.

2 Likes

I though they had solved inflation, stopped all boats and defeated Putin?

3 Likes

If i find out that was a chocolate digestive factory that has sold out there’ll be hell to pay

They know we’ll be formally declared and at war with Russia by the end of the summer.

Im not sure this is the only reason for calling an election, the other that Tories must know their position can only get worse from here, so its their best shot to call it now. They don’t have a shot with Sunak leading them.

1 Like

JRM or BJ? LizT?

Can you not spell or something :grin: