UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I will answer you when on the train to Chester, currently at Euston.

It might seem disconnected, but the moment the Brexit decision was announced I started the US citizenship process that I always told myself I would not go through with. I repeatedly abstained from using my vote in the UK because I didnt live there anymore, but could not vote in America because I was still legally British. It was an outcome that made the realize I was done standing on the side lines and just having opinions.

2 Likes

Is there no end to Disney’s need to go woke with everything? If they can make Mickey into an Indian nothing is safe in this DEI world.

4 Likes

Mickey’s incarnation is South Park is supreme!

1 Like

I bought a shit ton of Dollars when BBC announced it was done. Great night that was.

Again, hovering at 55% certainty this is sarcasm.

I thought this was a “matter for the NEC?” Surely Keir Starmer wasn’t just bullshitting us all again? :exploding_head:

You come at the queen, you best not miss.

Of course anyone else with politics to the left of Mussolini seems to be getting blocked by the weird cabal that has Starmer’s ear atm, but I’m glad common sense and decency has prevailed for once.

1 Like

Hi Mascot,

I don’t want to have a fight on here and I am not that well informed about politics in general. I am just expressing my opinion as ordinary Labour voter.
However, this is my understanding what Diane Abbott actually said,

https://x.com/EsheruKwaku/status/1796137788531777814?t=n0jpUPwm0dhBLaY76TTgEA&s=09

Alot of BAME people can relate to Diane Abbott more than Starmer. We are in a multicultural society. She is still very popular and even if she stands as an Independent, she will win her seat hands down. There are many Jewish people who still support her. She did go on a diversity course as she was ordered to do so.

The way Abbott was treated and kept waiting for 5 months if she could allowed back into the party was disgraceful. Also, when she tried to speak about the threat by that Businessman who donated to the Tory party advocating that she should be shot and it makes him hate black women is totally unacceptable. Lindsay Hoyle didn’t even allow her to speak. She stood up 46 times. Starmer and other high ranking party members were quiet about it.

Then, when Keir Starmer or Labour party deselects Faiza Shaheen from Chingford ward because she liked one tweet but then endorses this candidate, Luke Akehurst for Durham North who is well known right-wing racist, calls the UN antisemitic,something is wrong with the Labour party and Starmer. He shouldn’t be standing as Labour candidate.

https://x.com/AdamBienkov/status/1796090862604034340?t=_Pr9igRwgaqfo4wddm1AJg&s=09

7 Likes

Spot on. The inconsistency is maddening.

3 Likes

And Lloyd Russell-Moyne, as well.

1 Like

I feel bad if I don’t vote as well :see_no_evil: :upside_down_face:

yes, the circumstances around his one are seriously bent, although I’m slightly less concerned by it because he’s a bit of a plank

1 Like

The age of tangential gaslighting.

I found this, i also believe it will come down to these issues too.

https://x.com/MarinaPurkiss/status/1796234244853055881?t=E2wzj4YRxkiLtyzYxYT8Ew&s=09

5 Likes

you weren’t kidding when you messaged me back in 2019 when I was in London that you were close by. We were at the Mercure Bloombury (recommended!)

2 Likes

Oh yes! :astonished:

I am now watching alot of sheep, train journeys are quite nice out of London. Just approaching Stafford.

I’ve seen this and I agree with it 100%.

A Starmer govt is a starting point only…the UK could be doing so much better, but before even thinking about that, the Tories need binning. It is impossible to move forward otherwise.

I understand you’re disillusioned, but stay at home in 2029. In 2024, they need to fucking go.

9 Likes

It’s just strange that people cannot vote on the party that they aligned with but to vote any party that can get another party down. Didn’t the regional elections showed that a 3rd force is possible? The Lib Dems performed better than the Conservatives, didn’t they? This means they are not a minor party, they should be considered a party that aligned with a huge percentage of the population? If so why shouldn’t those that support them vote them? Why must they be forced to vote for Labour and be guilt trip into it? If Lib Dems consistently do not get the vote just because people want to get the satisfaction of pulling the Conservatives down, when will they ever the chance that the regional elections show, with time, they can overcome the traditional 2 parties. To guilt trip other party supporters and making it into how noble a sacrifice for other people is ridiculous. You don’t give the Greens and Lib Dems improved numbers on the elections they deserved, they will never ever break the cycle. And the cycle of voting party out instead the right party in will always then repeat.

1 Like

local elections tend to see people pick 3rd parties for protest votes while then reverting back to main two parties (in England). Much harder for 3rd parties to keep that momentum into a General Election.

Lib Dems lost what little popularity they had over the last decade when they sacrificed their policies to form the government with Conservatives in 2010.

1 Like