UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I had to do some Captain Google research to find out that fact :0)
I also remember them from an episode of… Only Fools & Horses

When 25 staff from three seperate departments make bullying complaints you would hope that an individual would have a bit of introspection. Instead he has veered into a conspiracy.

Now I have seen two bosses wrongly accused of bullying by employees on verge of being sacked. So do tend to steer towards caution. But this guy is a dick, a hypocrite, with poor morale compass and a history of being insulting.

Imagine having a boss that says openly he does not support the human rights act or economic and social rights. That argues it should be easier to fire people.

Lacks any awareness of poverty, racism, sexism and disabilities. From criticism of BLM support to those using food banks. From insulting feminists to dismissing a disabled woman as being childish for highlighting how NHS cuts affect her.

A boss whilst working insults his opponents eg Wanker (Starmer) or a silly bitch (Gina Miller)

At it’s heart, he just isn’t a very nice person. It’s very easy to imagine him acting like a bully. It’s very easy to see how his values don’t align with any modern workplace.

8 Likes

The point is that poor performance isn’t an excuse the stuff Raab was doing. If you can’t address poor performance without abusing people, you’re a shit manager.

6 Likes

Seems like Johnson possibly modelled his leadership style more on Adolf Hitler than Churchill: he revelled in chaos and playing off favourites and he certainly had no Churchillian gift with public speaking. And as a (poor) student of history he would have been well aware of this - hence calling himself ‘Führer’ would have been no accident.

4 Likes

It’s the age-old rightwing tactic: divide and rule.

2 Likes

Right, just to reiterate, I’m not defending Raab here.
Dont know him, dont particularly like him, have no affiliation with him or his cronies either.

But, nowhere in that report could I find any evidence of him abusing or bullying people.
He was found to be of an abrasive and impatient nature, demanding timely delivery of work items, and didn’t like people wasting time rambling on repeating stuff he’d already understood.

Definitely an element of people not liking his tone or his leadership skills, but no abuse or bullying was proven.

You regularly use the word snowflake, I’d say there are quite a few work in civil service.

2 Likes

And now…this

The sooner these cunts are out of office, the better. I’m no fan of this incarnation of the Labour party, but at least they won’t turn the country into a totalitarian state.

6 Likes

I heard it explained by one of the mandarins that specific instances of bullying were never likely to make it into the report. A procedure would have to be followed and the complainant would have to identify themselves and thus become the very likely targets of retaliation. Raab knew this , so is being disingenuous when he says there was no specific allegations and is also being cute while , once again , exonerating himself. There were plenty of allegations , there had to have been for there to be an investigation in the first instance. The way he paints himself as some kind of martyr against political correctness is risible. For me , everything points to him being a first class cunt.

6 Likes

what a cop out.

dont buy into it…he either bullied someone, or he didnt…

its classic public servant behavior…‘theres an issue but the person responsible is unavaliable at the moment’

i have no idea of Dominic Raab and if/if not hes a cunt, i assume he is from the little ive seen, but seriously…a gaggle of public servants claiming hes a bully, but no one should be accountable to have to actually make the charge or provide the evidence it happened to them?

can no one really see where this really will end up ?

There’s some kind of protest going on in London today. A whole bunch of people are running around the streets holding up the traffic and causing chaos.
Apparently it’s in support of something called ‘charity’. It sounds like a lot of woke anti government nonsense, but the police are just standing by and letting it happen.
Terrible state of affairs. Come on Sue Ellen, stamp it out!

Fascism?

FFS. They already have political appointments. They’re called SpAds. What they are proposing is some kind of privatisation of the existing permanent staff. Presumably this will make wholesale fraud just that little bit easier. And remember, if you are paying tax, you are funding this.

1 Like

Don’t know about that. My experience of the Civil Service is that you have to have skin like a Rhino to deal with ministers. The first-hand stories I’ve heard about abuse, unrealistic expectations, and wondering hands…

There are quite a few snowflakes in Government though, although one less after this week.

3 Likes

civil service in england must be far removed from the public service in aus then…

the government teet does soften people…

for example…during COVID it was decided …by local government…that local government workers, should be paid 4 hours leave to get thier COVID vax…the rest of us plebs had to do it in our own time…

some rubbish about easing demand after hours…

just call a spade a spade, you wanted friday arvo off.

i know its hardly the crime of the century…but its just another brick in the wall in reality…most of our public servants wouldnt last a week in the private sector

I have to be honest, I didn’t even realise she was still an MP. Will be interested to see exactly what she said in this letter

Once again the Conservative Party seems to be taking a page from the Republican playbook in the US. As if Johnson’s and Raab’s cries of innocence and claims of fake news aren’t enough , the Tories now want to emulate Trump’s attempts to dismantle the ‘deep state’.

2 Likes

On both sides of the Atlantic, they’re just following orders sent down by their billionaire neoliberal overlords.

1 Like

I think the main issue is she had to apologise for implying Jews cannot suffer racism…never been the brightest button…

1 Like

First four minutes of this video. She is absolutely bang on.

3 Likes