UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

I don’t know if my sarcasm was missed, but I was acting like a @Klopptimist or @Dane who excuse the Tories horrible actions by saying Labour do the same.

2 Likes

No you see we’re here again. I rarely excuse the Tories actions. I just point out that labour would be wanker.

I’m not giving anyone any benefit of doubt.
Merely pointing out that there will be examples of incompetence within the civil service, and that within todays society, finding something to be offended by isn’t difficult.
Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bullying…

Now off you pop to giphy again

Fair bit to unpack from this.
I’ve got to admit I do find Raab’s comments arrogant, ignorant and miles off target.

“If the bar, the threshold for bullying is lowered that low, it’s almost impossible for ministers to deliver for the British people and I think it’ll have a chilling effect on effective government, and the British people will pay a price,”

So you have to be an aggressive arsehole to deliver work now?

In other words it’s impossible to be a leader without some level of bullying. Utter bullshit

2 Likes

nobody likes a quiter

For someone as daft as Raab he’s had an amazing career.

1 Like

I dont excuse anyones horrible actions.
Nice try for a bite though.
Sad

I’ve read the report (or at least most of it so far).

Raab’s take on this is like his take on everything else. Woefully wrong.

4 Likes

Read his own words and the report. It’s quite clear that they were “incompetent idiots” to him because they didn’t make reality fit his own fiction.

4 Likes

Read most of it too.

Yes Raab seems a dick, but most of the report is inconclusive.
Example - People offended by him raising his hand in a gesture for them to stop talking.
My how utterly distressing that must’ve been.
Worst case of bullying ever

1 Like

I have both called out and had called out poor performance. It’s never felt like bullying. Never an excuse.

1 Like

The way I heard it described , it wasn’t him simply raising his hand but thrusting it towards someone’s face. Would you like it if your boss did that to you ?

1 Like

We’re all different, depending on the circumstances I’d either fuck him off or shrug it off.
I most certainly wouldn’t report it as bullying.

…as in, :raised_hand:

Not sure what point you’re making.

A bit like his comments on food banks. That went well.
Also the time he tried to justify himself being on holiday while Kabul fell.

Arrogant pillock.

The quicker Angela Rayner morphs into someone like ‘take no prisoners’ Mhairi Black, the quicker some of these entitled pr***s can get called out, and receive the verbal humiliation they deserve, in front of the whole country.
To me, Rabb just comes across as another ‘out of touch’ Tory they produce on a production-line, similar to the way blow-up dolls must be manufactured… They might look different, but they are all the same

3 Likes

You seem to have an extensive knowledge of blow-up dolls? :thinking::wink::nerd_face: