UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

This cunt makes me irrationally angry.

https://x.com/darshnasoni/status/1797884392033173740?t=RMsFYL-YBcZOR0EW0Dp2Zg&s=19

5 Likes

It’s thinking like this that curses the government and by extension everything it runs and why some of us see the benefits of the private sector. A business can do almost anything (sensible) in 2 years, for some reason we give a government decades.

Give the money, permission and access to land to the private sector day 1 and you’ll have 50,000 houses built in 2 years. Leave it in the hands of the government and they’ll still be having inter-departmental meetings (hard hats are mandatory along with high vis) 3 years later.

Nothing irrational about it.

4 Likes

Cunt alarm screaming again.

Does he realise that there’s actually places and people in the uk have historically never had english as a first language? Myself included.

6 Likes

It’s alright if you’re white.

I fucking hate him.

4 Likes

Hasn’t Farage been living in Spain for the last couple of years? Did he learn to speak spanish whilst there?

4 Likes

The private sector already do most of the house building. They are notorious for land banking and failing to build the infrastructure that is meant to go with the housing.

I’d suggest that making owning undeveloped land unprofitable would be a better strategy.

8 Likes

That conflation seems unfair. Corbyn was (rightly or wrongly) naturally opposed due to his anti-capitalist principles. Farage is racist, xenophobic and focussed only on his own self-interest

5 Likes

Nah…

He is that bloke who yells at the Spanish shopkeeper when they don’t speak English.

4 Likes

The actual building is a piece of piss and you’re 100% correct. Its all private sector. Even public sector contract a private firm to do the actual construction. Planning permission however is where complications occur.

A side issue on this is that private investors will also maximise housing that maximises their return. That usually isnt what a particular area needs.

2 Likes

reminds me of that trip advisor review of some English woman complaining about going to Spain and it was full of Spanish foreigners :rofl:

3 Likes

Sheep speak doesn’t count

Good point on people speaking two languages. Well done the interviewer above.

Farage’s brand of ‘other’ is all too rife over here, and millions of people have been whipped up into a frenzy over the southern border with Mexico.

It’s horrible. People just want to get on with their lives and make a contribution in all the normal ways that help build a society. Stop demonizing them!

3 Likes

Really not funny.

2 Likes

https://x.com/Exploding_Heads/status/1797953443405197473

6 Likes

One of the biggest challenges of public-private partnerships for these sort of projects where there is a government objective to fulfil is the protections to the process that need to be applied to ensure the contracts are doled out on merit. Without this the process very quickly devolves into one of self-dealing and patronage. It necessarily slows down the process in a way that may be worse for the specific project, but is required for the big picture.

It is undeniable that in a lot of places the process has become too cumbersome, but the alternative is politically connected people getting government money to run projects that make them richer without being held accountable for delivering the outcomes the public agency was looking for.

2 Likes

Fucking funny as hell that😂

Nigel Farage has just washed up on Clacton beach :0)…

8 Likes

“Sea was full of fish, my children were scared”

2 Likes

Or my personal favorite “went to a mexican restaurant near the Colossium, and all the waiters were Italian” :rofl:

4 Likes