UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

“Vote for him and it will cost you £2000 per year”. Granted Starmer wouldn’t answer the accusation but FFS don’t repeat it 85 times :rage::rage::rage: Dishy got a few half decent lines in but stop flogging the same horse, we heard you first time.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s a lie.

1 Like

but the Treasury has:

It’s really worrying if the civil service has to intervene during a period of purdah. It should be factual statements only.

3 Likes

Unfortunately all lies from both of the slimy cunts.
Sewing Bee was good

It’s now all over the news that Rishi Sunak lied to the public during the debate. That lie could now really blow up in his face, as it can be proved that the Civil Service warned ministers not to say that figure came from them.

2 Likes

As I live and breathe…

https://x.com/thatcymraes/status/1798344711746589060?t=YWhukEY4rco1NR9xlpfxRg&s=19

4 Likes

You should point her at Farage, she is another native that speaks a native non english language that doesn’t involve the word baaaa

4 Likes

I hope she smashes the lot of them!

2 Likes

https://x.com/brianklaas/status/1798063575606722775?t=4D8QDROgFWN-1SgmrG_SOA&s=19

5 Likes

Education secretary needs to be educated! :rofl:

5 Likes

@Maria

This tool has finally launched for the GE. Pop your postcode in and voila…it will tell you who has the best chance of beating the Tory candidate…

Pass it on!

5 Likes

My current address is Labour…

Put in my old gaff and it said to vote for whoever you like, ‘Tories unlikely to win here’.

2 Likes

My constituency, which has been Conservative since the year dot, is actually projected to swing to Labour on that website.

As I have previously mentioned, I am going to hold my nose and vote for Starmer, purely to get the Tories out.

8 Likes

Thanks for this :+1:
It says on my postcode, ’ vote for whoever you like’.Tories unlikely to win here.
:nerd_face:
So, I can vote for an Independent candidate.
However, I am still undecided.

2 Likes

Slightly interesting result for my area on that website.

Predicted winners are Plaid. Thats a good thing considering the boundary changes, and they are the incumbant here anyway. So good they’re still holding the seat. Second however is Labour on this occasion. Its tradititionally been Conservative’s in second place.

I think thats primarily down to the complete collapse in their support rather than the changes in the constituency boundaries.

4 Likes

I don’t need to check that tool. In my constituency, the Labour candidate could be a ‘chimpanzee’ and they would still win. I was thinking of not voting, but I will because today is the 6th June.

Sorry this sentence doesn’t scan on my UK-politics-explaina-bot. Can you elaborate?

Ironic as our current Conservative MP IS a chimpanzee. Or more specifically (thanks Ben) looks like a monkey who’s been put in a suit and strategically shaved.

Sorry, we’re waiting until more polling is released to confirm our advice in this constituency.

So that isn’t much help for me. I’m not sure who, exactly, is behind these tactical voting sites because I’ve seen mention of ones saying “Vote Lib Dem” when Labour is polling in second place and vice versa.

I vote in a Scottish constituency which makes it even more complicated. So far 5 different candidates have said that they are standing even without the Tories and Lib Dems announcing candidates. A couple of the candidates are what I would class as “bloody awful people”. I suspect that there is some nasty shit going on locally. In fact, I have been told as much.

2 Likes