UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Every night I remember those without Sky TV in my prayers. Poor little things. How do they cope?

9 Likes

It’s just hilarious that he volunteered this. Beyond merely our of touch: completely in a different postcode.

4 Likes

I still dont have it, (Sky).

I therefore claim the high ground Rishi.

Worth noting that Sky only came to be just before his 9th birthday, so no one had it before then.

I’m looking forward to the next installment of the Rishi is normal campaign titled “Carry on camping”.

2 Likes

Who the hell advised him? He is the richest MP in parliament. There is old footage knocking about (and presumably being mashed up by the Labour party at the moment) that he doesn’t have working class friends and quite enjoyed his family’s wealth.

He doesn’t have to apologise for this privileged upbringing. He was born lucky. He should acknowledge that and get the message across that he wants others to share the privileges that he has: not the money or Sky fucking TV, but that they have access to the standard of education, healthcare and opportunity that he has benefited from.

Of course, his party has ensured that those things are fucked up for anyone but the very comfortably off, but seriously, don’t rub people’s noses in it with your imagined sob story.

5 Likes

In my younger days…no sky…no house phone…(phone box at the top of the street)…no buses on sundays…no supermarkets…oh Rishi you’ve never lived…

1 Like

Three TV channels :wink:

3 Likes

Oh let’ cut to the chase…

4 Likes

Why should he need advice?
Anyone with an ounce if sense would know this but he seems so disconnected but also devoid of any real experience or knowledge of the world outside his extremely small bubble.

He’s obviously wealthy with both inherited wealth on top of the financial success he’s had but in all honesty I think he has very little self awareness and intelligence. Feel free to add common sense to that.

3 Likes

That’s why he needs advice. TBH, any politician needs advice. It’s why we employ diplomats. It’s just that Sunak seems to go out of his way to ignore it.

3 Likes

Yeah fair shout but this beyond the realms of basic.

2 Likes

Maybe Armando Iannucci is writing his scripts?

3 Likes

Monty Python sprang to my mind even to the point i was wondering when Bigus Dickus was going to be announced as Defence Secretary

2 Likes

My theory is that Boris Johnson is his personal adviser. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m the same age as Rishi. We, like most people, had 4 channels when we were kids. My grandfather got Sky Sports in when we were teenagers so we’d go to his to watch the football. That felt rich!

3 Likes

Does make me wonder what I’ve done with my life. When I was born we had 3 channels and Rishi beat me to Number 10. Something must be done.

1 Like

Kinda helps having a heap of cash to start with, attending a school / uni that gives you access to a certain network and then having an inside line on the job because you marry the daughter of a party donor and recipient of a hefty government contract.

Quite straight forward really. We should all do it

5 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve been wondering that simce the election announcement. It must be someone loyal to Johnson surely.

1 Like

I dont think he sees it as privileged, which may be the problem. Did you hear his comments to a GP heckling him last week about the state of the Nhs/ care system and his response about having to work in his mums pharmacy?

1 Like
3 Likes