UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Pedro de Conceicao sounds pretty awesome, does he play DM?

7 Likes

7 Likes

No, I think this one is a winger. He often gets confused with the other real footballer.:grinning:

The Pedro I know is really intelligent and artiiculate, but what i find puzzling, what an earth possessed him to go into politics?

2 Likes

Who’s Ealing Soùthall? Are they related to Big Nev?

2 Likes

Naivety.

2 Likes

Who’s big Nev?

Neville Southall - former Wales and Bitters keeper in the 80’s

3 Likes

He also has a twitter account that (I assume) he lets other people use to highlight various social causes.

Well worth a follow if you have an account on there.

3 Likes

No.

Famous footballers from Ealing Borough

Peter Crouch
Bukayo Saka
Les Ferdinand
Paul McGrath
Paul Merson
Steve Perryman
Chloe Kelly

Stuart Pearce is our neighbour, he’s Hammersmith.

1 Like

Is the result started to come in?

Not yet. 10 pm they start counting the votes

1 Like

You will start hearing of exit votes from 10 pm onwards where they ask people as they leave who they have voted for. Then from 11pm onwards you will start to get actual results announced.

2 Likes

Wow, didn’t know voting hours are that long. Usually voting closes around evening.

Anyway, I will fall asleep in an hour and would wake-up (in all probability) to a Labor landslide.

1 Like

It’s always 07:00-22:00 in the UK.

2 Likes

Vote done. Looking down the list i came across this

Reform
Lucy “something or other”
Address: in Cambridge

Best part of 300 miles away :no_mouth:

3 Likes

She states she did grow up in Denbighshire, moved away for uni, and then for employment

Did she even visit the town ?

1 Like

Wrong county.

I don’t often look on Twitter these days but Neville is really one of the good guys. Always loved him as a player, even if he did play for our biggest rivals.

https://x.com/NevilleSouthall?t=3pXgVVOeOpoMAaNk9rl8jg&s=09

4 Likes

I honestly haven’t any further into it. Possible but I still dont think that would make them enturely up to speed with issues here.

Not that I know of.