UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

@cynicaloldgit , what’s with senile fuckwits in your age group voting for conservatives ? Especially in that percentage.

1 Like

8 Likes

https://x.com/AndrewStoneman/status/1809150455924105515?t=NRPIjOajw1vNYTPeNNWmGw&s=19

2 Likes

Lots of good bantz today…

5 Likes

It’s the off-season. In a few weeks she’ll go back to having just finished watching a game and then getting depressed/excited about the next one.

1 Like

The ultimate evolution of tactical voting I guess, just voting to get rid of the parties they hate rather than for the parties they want.

3 Likes

There’s a huge issue which has been totally overlooked in this campaign which is; why do people talk about MPs?
They are Members of Parliament, so surely the abbreviation should be MsoP, or MsP.
This needs to be addressed asap!

Plan A right there.

Maybe we can evolve from here but I do have serious doubts.

Yes, and you will see a similar picture across England. However, turnout has been low - so I’m curious as to whose voters have been staying home?

Also, where Labour and Lib Dem have won seats - how many of those votes were tactical, and did these ‘loaned’ votes cover for any Labour votes going to Reform or other parties/independents?

1 Like

Starmer already meeting the King:

Given that he has already had a senior civil servant as part of his team, I would expect him to get to business fairly quickly. I’m assuming that he has his provisional cabinet briefed already.

4 Likes

Can I be the first to say it…

Starmer out…

Pretty sure I won’t be the last :rofl:.

Enjoy the honeymoon Sir Keir before the wolves start circling…and that will just be your own MPs…:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Wait till you meet Jim Allister

2 Likes

Needs to find a new Secretary of Work and Pensions and Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sports though.

Who? :astonished:I need to google him

https://x.com/PencilCraftsman/status/1809156295431250022?t=r_u61_hSKq3BBXqzWkUBTw&s=09

Wales did very well.

6 Likes

TUV MP from the North who just took Ian Paisley jr seat(been in family for 54 yrs) in parliment.Opposed to the NI protocol.

1 Like

One piece of good news out of Northern Ireland is Ian Paisley Jr lost his seat in North Antrim.

Omg! Just seen Jim Allister​:astonished::face_with_spiral_eyes: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Great speech, now the question is whether he can deliver on it.

1 Like

Not sure is this good news or not now, what is your opinion?

I think what you have to remember about Farage is that this, essentially, is a grift.

He has charged every stupid fucker standing for Reform a fat wedge of cash, straight to the Reform PLC coffers.

I don’t think he’d turn that tap off lightly.

2 Likes