UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Father Ted stuff. I just can’t help laugh and shake my head. Surrealistic. Just so incredibly absurd. Tragicomic.

Yes, 1991 in my Army days.
Different place back then.

1 Like

Shame I don’t feel safe here at the moment. Problem for me is, this is home. Where do I go to feel safe if home isn’t safe?

6 Likes

I mean, stay inside until the police hoover up the imbeciles is probably your best bet. Where abouts are you?

3 Likes

Musk is basically a Bond Villain in a world without James Bond to stop him.

7 Likes

South coast, not far from the A3.

For clarity, nothing has happened around where I live (or to me), but as someone that’s 41 and grown up here, you can feel when the general feelings/vibes are changing - less “good mornings”, more hacky looks from the chavvy all day drinker types.

4 Likes

The thing with James Bond villains is that they are all a bit rubbish.

The spend a fortune on the underground lair and then plot to destroy the world.

What utter pricks. They are fantastically rich and could spend the rest of their lives living a life of luxury, staying in the best hotels, dining at the best restaurants, having the best tickets to the biggest events in the world. And what do they do, sitting in a cave stroking a fucking cat.

I’d love to see a Bond movie where they are introduced to @cynicaloldgit and suddenly have to reassess their life choices.

8 Likes

Scaramanga meets Victor Meldrew

3 Likes

Damn, this post jus destroyed that franchise in the same way as the revelation that Indiana Jones had no real influence on the outcome of his first movie

2 Likes

Problem is it will be a very short movie. Villain appears Infront of COG, and he says “all humans sucked”

Then movie ends, credit rolls.

3 Likes

Cynnie (bless him) may be the villain himself.

3 Likes

It’s always the one you least suspect.

Damn straight there’s two-tier policing.

On the other hand, 5 years for a peaceful protest for the environment.

7 Likes

Peaceful protests where soup is thrown over paintings, or roads are blocked are as relevant to climate change as looting Greggs is to children being stabbed

1 Like

Point is that they weren’t chucking bricks at the police and fire brigade.

Chucking paint at a picture is dickheadish but it isn’t stopping those people who are trying to protect people’s lives.

7 Likes

Agreed.
I based it on the view that the looters were opportunists who just latched onto the tail end of the actual rioters

2 Likes

Pretty sure all the reporting by people who actually covered the events says otherwise.

Highly unlikely that the muslim woman, black man or Indian youth I saw looting Lush would be members of a far right rioting mob.

So basically a few isolated examples from right-wing social media?

Got it.

1 Like