UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Yes but no. I think the biggest question about that is, where did that money go, and what did it do? If it was money that then helped drive the economy and produce gains that would then also increase tax revenue, then no, it would not produce the mess that we’re in right now.

Make your own conclusions about what precisely happened to that money.

My conclusion is a simple one, after 100 years of both parties being in /out of power is the country better off financially & are the prospects of ALL its citizens better off for them?

My personal answer is no, it’s seems to me to be a continuous cycle of swindling, blaming the other side and enrichment for those at the top, whilst everyday folk are always having to pay for their mistakes.

Capatalism no?

Are you saying we are not better off than we were 100 years ago?

I would say we are much better off despite all the problems.

3 Likes

Yeah sadly this is it in a nutshell, all the good things that labour has done over the years workers rights, NHS etc are all from the early days of when they were the newest party.

Nowadays it just seems that now they are one of the usual gang , that they no longer represent their original ideals.

I can understand the arguments for/against capitalism…but surely after a mix of both governments for almost a 100 years the concept of actually fixing the country would have been in process…

After ww2 it seemed the infrastructure was on track for everyone in Britain to have a home that they could be proud of.

Obviously many will argue the 70’s with militant unions stifled /fucked up labour.

Many will argue that Thatcher fucked the country up…

But for me the time before then we seemed to almost be headed to something special for the country, unfortunately since then we seem to be in a cycle of each successive government blaming each other , and the country has not progressed for the better.

Your posts regarding the state of the seas and rivers (plus when people mention stuff from Fergal) truly is eye opening about the state of our coastline…quite sad tbh

1 Like

Agree on so many levels , I just think back then politics was something people didn’t really give much attention to outside of the election cycle etc, as long as food was put on the table etc and people had work et al…I understand that is basically the same at any given point in history for a society.

Just seems nowadays there is more toxicity in politics, as stated the NHS / workers rights were brilliant societal policies that have benefitted the country, just ever since then we’ve not had any real great vision that actually unites/excites the nation imo.

And we do have the means and skills to make Britain such a better society, it’s just sadly as noo noo states capitalism seems to be all about enriching oneself at the expense of us all…I know I’m rambling and apologise …it’s just frustrating going back and forth and nothing seems to get fixed.

1 Like

Its not bias.
I’ve said all along that they’re ALL ruthless, uncaring, self preserving , unprincipled corrupt cunts.

Hang on there mate. we’re all better off than our grandparents were unless your dad blew the wealth on wine, women and amature dramatics (thanks Ben)

Our standard of living across the board is so far above what it was 100 years ago it’s frightening.

1 Like

The TAN government would be epic. Minister for arts is obvious :joy::joy:

1 Like

Minister for strikes sorted too.
In fact, he’d cover minister for everything

Conservatives=fascism=right wing racist nationalist cunts

2 Likes

Be interested to know who the 100 plus conservative MP’s who backed person of colour Sunak in the Tory leadership race are racist against

1 Like

Yes because every single person who ever lived who believes in the benefits of hard work, personal growth, self sufficiency, family financial security and not scrounging off the state hates brown people.

For fuck’s sake.

Just like every labour supporter ever has been a looney left wing marxist as stated by your good self.

1 Like

Glad we agree.

Telegraph claiming Reeves has claimed £3700 over the past 5 years towards heating costs for her houses. Labour MPs have claimed over £400,000 in the same period towards heating costs.
The Government always gets in.

Yeah, I wasn’t defending them. I just find it all fucking laughable tbh. I’m already looking forward to when the cunts get back in in 5 years time and immediately start bleating about the £?? billion hole the Labour government has left them.
Rinse and repeat. Anyone voting for either shower of fucking charlatans deserves everything they get.

2 Likes

Ah yes, both sides are all the same. Never gets tired.

Just ignore that that’s exactly the mindset that reinforces the existing power dynamics in society.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you what never gets tired, thinking these clowns will make any difference whatsoever.
Living in this country for 60 years has shown me that. The same issues everyone was arguing over when I was first able to vote in the early 80’s are the same issues everyone is arguing about in 2024, only things are generally a lot worse now.
The 2 party system is dead in the water. Both sides are the same in that they are both fucking useless.

1 Like

This a billion times over

Vote me in as a benevolent dictator. I’ll fix the potholes same day. #kiercantlayashphalt