UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps:

• The damage done by one side has been too much for the other to feasibly recover? Let’s be charitable and look at the last year I’d reasonably define as the early 80s, 1984. Conveniently 40 years ago. Of that time, only 13 has been with a Labour government. 27 of which has been with a Conservative government.
  • The system is useless in a way, with the same issues that people are arguing about because the country itself is divided, not so much that the parties are individually useless. When you have two opposing forces, they tend to cancel out.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking me tbh. All I’m saying is the country is fucked beyond repair. There was a tipping point that’s been gone past and there’s no going back.
Point your finger at who you like. Both party’s are culpable imo. In another 40 years time when I’m dead and buried the Labour and Tory party will be at each other’s throats blaming each other for the state of the NHS, crime rates, lack of schooling, lack of decent housing, potholes in the fucking roads and everything else.
It’s all over, might as well just get used to it.

Britain will be a 3rd world country in a lot of resoects, and the 2 main parties will be a distant memory.

Thank fuck I’ll not be around to seei it, and I fesr for my lad and any family he ends up having

1 Like
1 Like

Starmer totally out of his depth at PMQs.

1 Like

:+1:
Last week he thought Sunak was still PM

1 Like

In fairness at least we have a person pretending to be in charge. The USA is currently being run by a guy who struggles to pretend to be alive.

Always nice to dip into the politics thread

6 Likes

I’ll defer to your superior knowledge on being out of one’s depth.

2 Likes

Taller than you I suspect :wink:

Physically or intellectually?

Can one be intellectually taller? Greater stature maybe but I’m pretty sure that height is no accurate representation of intelligence. Anyway….

Might be difficult to be intellectually shorter than your average Tory.

I’m neither average nor Tory. Just handsome and right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Think they’re trying too hard to show that they’re one of us…

1 Like

Time to start means testing MP’s for 2nd home heating allowances, meal allowances, travel expenses?

ALL MP’s, before the allegations of bias start surfacing

2 Likes

I’m quite surprised that this isn’t already done…

Im hearing news today of a clamp down on second media jobs. Thats a start i guess.

Otherwise, the rules need work and are / have been openly abused.

1 Like

There was something about second jobs mentioned either in the run up to the election or just after they were elected, so it will be interesting to see how far they go with this.

2 Likes