UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

Young people overwhelmingly voted in favour of remain, so I don’t think you’d find gigs and gyms quite the 50/50 split you think.

Nail. Head.

And let’s be honest, they’re only in power right now because of protest voting.

2 Likes

Just to add some uk flavour to this. Who was the hedge fund manager that helped push the uk over the edge at that time?

Rishi Sunak.

1 Like

Quite simply there were two main triggers. The first was austerity. The government did a bait and switch blaming failing schools, NHS, housing not on the huge cuts they made…but foreigners.

The second was the Syrian refugee crisis. Where people fleeing a war zones where compared to vermin in the national press. And Farage stood in front of posters akin to those from WW2 with hordes of people.

IMG_3523

The EU rules (Tory lies) on bendy banana, kippers, and better economics was largely side dressing to a message of taking back control of our boarders.

The legacy lives on with how Reform/Tories speak about “illegal” boat crossings and the failed Rwanda policy.

That’s not to say there are not issues of immigration (as shown in EU countries) However undoubtedly it was fear that propelled Brexit.

5 Likes

@Mascot No we don’t need to do it again. But try and be a bit more positive in life and less melodramatic :+1:t2:

So an attempt at humour or just another assumption?

We are discussing different points here.

Tell them to get on their bikes…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

What a load of conspiracy theory rubbish.

You’re making a very big assumption, that anyone employed by the government will automatically vote for it.

People couldn’t discuss it = silent majority that 100% definitely wants Brexit?

And there you have it.

They did not. 51.89% of the people who voted voted leave, against a turnout of 72.21%. That is 37.5% of the voting population voting for it, and with different demographics having different voting patterns.

Doesn’t work that way. Each of those groups would again have differing demographics and therefore likelihood of voting for/against Brexit.

Oh yes, the persecuted minority right-wing Brexit voters, despite it being demonstrably false. And looking on TAN for representation of the British voting population is a bad idea, in part because it skews international, and is a thoroughly small sample. We are already all biased by the fact that we’re (mostly) Liverpool fans, Liverpool having skewed 58.2% Remain voting.

1 Like

So not only are you a troll, you’re a troll that can’t read?

It quite clearly says “Conservative, 2010-19”.

I didn’t know COVID started affecting the economy prior to 2020.

So rather than address my points you chose to try and undermine them. You and Mascot have just highlighted my point by responding in the same manner.

1 Like

What, highlighting how your opinion is factually wrong is bad?

What wonder that you feel like you’re being persecuted…

:joy:

When you say ‘us’ and ‘we’…?

1 Like

Nailed it :clap:

I often come to this thread and I almost always come away annoyed. There are couple of master baiters that come on here to spread their load of world view and make it sort of entertaining but also depressing in equal measure.

My opinion would be that Brexit was a mistake. I also thought Scottish independence would have been a mistake. In both cases I think I could have voted to leave - if- there was a vision. In both instances there was none beyond master baiting.

2 Likes