UK Politics Thread (Part 3)

3 Likes

That could be for multiple reasons though. A LOT of people have died since then, mostly older people who were more likely to vote leave.

Just back from the beach. Been a while since Iā€™ve been kite surfing so great to get back into it.

The beach in question allows cars on it. Perfect. It has beach patrol during the day 9-5, toilets and it gets cleaned etc. Also allows boat launches (mainly jet skiā€™s).

Last yearā€™s price - Ā£5. This year, Ā£8 a day.

Ouch
sci-fi et GIF by MANGOTEETH

1 Like
1 Like

I think most things Johnson has done have been a clear breach of every rule, law and protocol going.

Failing to tell the watchdog about his latest wheeze is kind of on the level of the Yorkshire Ripper using false number plates.

2 Likes

Morfa Bychan ?

They all matter. I get your point but ministerial code breaches, especially clear ones, must be publicised and there will have to be consequences.

I think it goes back a lot further though.

Could Mrs Johnson not swollowing that night be a breach of the rules? :wink:

1 Like

Nailed it. Having another go this evening but will have to watch that I donā€™t get locked in!

Iā€™m over again at the start of the summer hols. Is it still a (traffic) nightmare to get down to the beach at the height of the season ?

Isnā€™t it being reported that the shitrag which gave Johnson a job is already experiencing buyerā€™s remorse?

1 Like

Can be. Admittedly, I donā€™t tend to be there when itā€™s what most would call a beach day but then thereā€™s hardly a beach I can think of in the area that isnā€™t

1 Like

Probably just discovered that ChatGPT can produce that bollocks much cheaper.

2 Likes

ā€˜Write 500 words on the RWNJ soupe du jour in the style of a massive bellend youā€™d gladly punch in the dick.ā€™

@Mascot as you have pointed out before, mental health services have been ripped to shreds by this government. The murders in Nottingham and now this.

3 Likes

More on the same line. Really complex situation in Wales with a devolved Labour government

And this beauty. After ripping out as much profit as they could

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen this referred to as the Glazification of public services. Run up huge debts secured against the asset, take massive dividends, allow the infrastructure to decay. Just like our friends up the East Lancs Road.

Difference being that the Glazers will dump their mismanagement on to an oil billionaire whereas the pile of shite that passes for the water works will be paid for by the taxpayer. Again.

2 Likes

Natural monopolies probably should not be privatized. It is just too hard to get the regulation right, too easy to construct exactly this sort of scenario.

With the regional model the UK has used, there are probably responsible managers at other companies who have been shown the door because they could not keep up with the dividend performance at Thames Water

4 Likes

Absolutely right and now we have Sunak saying people should grit teeth and sit tight. No public sector pay rises because yet are inflationary.

The UK is in a mess. I donā€™t think weā€™ve hit rock bottom yet either

1 Like